1975 Plastic fantastic aka Corvette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• time to connect the pedal to the master cylinder

bled and installed. I put the reservoir where I proposed... about the only spot it'd fit
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• what about this scoop

or this one

the top one wouldn't give me much more hood clearance without some work; but I kind of like that (and it'll fit, I measured)
      Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; October 19, 2012, 09:53 AM.

Comment

• so this may be round one and end up as wall decoration

but the thought is draw air from the front, and allow under-hood air to escape out the back... we'll see how it actually looks on the car before I bond it on...
        Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; October 21, 2012, 09:58 PM.

Comment

• I'd get an L88 hood. Or the hood from Corvette Summer. Yeah!
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• I'd go with a modified ( stock looking but taller ) version of any hood that came on that model of Vette . If that makes any sence . Please NO Corvette summer version ! hahahaha .

Comment

• cowl hood is off the table because everyone has a cowl hood.... also, I'm too old to be smelling oil through my heating system.

the bit I ordered is 36" long (the hood is 57" from the point)... so it's a bit bigger than the 'normal' stingray scoop...

Comment

• A bit more work done today - got distracted on the honey-do list

had to fix some dash lights - so that took a bit of time

And have an idea of how the FAST efi is going to go in.... wires aren't long enough to go back to the center boxes - so I'll put it on the firewall.... I needed to remove the A/C box anyway.

and I think the frame will get a bit of massaging right here to clear the O2 sensor.

Comment

• I was putting my car's dash in today - and realized I hadn't ordered the light sockets to repair the dash lights.... I'm not sure it's a Corvette problem, but several of the sockets basically fell of the wire... since I don't have another week to wait to get this car mobile; here's the fix -

the problem

take a small sized wiring lug - and remove the plastic cover

chop the head off

the offending wire - I didn't realize - there's the reason I couldn't put the column in today - when they rewired my car with a 77 harness, they moved the dimmer switch to the column.... and it, like every other electronic thing in this car needs replacing....

slide the housing onto the wire

and voila... almost like new

and it works fine.

Comment

• FAST efi

So I finished up my tachometer repair

I love this EFI... so easy, no soldering, no wrecking yard surfing, no need to run down parts, simply wire a few wires, weld a bung, and plumb a fuel system (not tonight, but everything else)

So here is the injection on the car

I repurposed the hole for the transmission cable

almost cried as I ground off ceramic coating (okay, I jest)

set the computer in place

I was going to put it in the boxes in behind the seats - but the wires aren't long enough... ah well. I also am finished wiring it. Tach wire, rewire the trigger for the fan, wires to the batteries, and wire to switched power (which was recently vacated by the fan switch).

Comment

• For the $700 or so difference in price, what is the difference between the EZ EFI and the Atomic EFI from MSD?

I have entertained the idea of using one of these products at some point...

Comment

• From everything I've read, functionally they're the same; some claim the MSD looks better; honestly, with the air filter on, I think they look the same.

I can't believe how easy it was to wire up.... seriously, including welding the bung on my sidepipe, it took 3 hours.

One thing to consider that I didn't know - they don't recommend using this set up with a blow-throw, forced-air system.... my guess would be because the maf sensor is in the throttle body (maybe it can be relocated?)
                        Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; October 24, 2012, 10:17 AM.

Comment

• Big empty spot where a tank has been removed

Stainless tank, some assembly required

tacked together

baffle for the tank

next steps, lay out the vent, supply and return lines

Comment

• Been "baffeled" on how to make mine for my tank...gonna steal your idea.

Comment

• Originally posted by AFFORDILLAC View Post
                              Been "baffeled" on how to make mine for my tank...gonna steal your idea.

Comment

• Got some more stuff done
                                1) scoped out new gas cap and what it'll take to install
                                2) removed a/c box, started building a box to keep the heat/defrost

New gas cap

a little small for the hole

Deleted a/c box

the box is a lot more diced now, and I'm hella itchy (fiberglass).... probably finished product will look like this (only metal)

$190 for that one at acdelete.com; that's a bit spendy, but would be stopped on my fuel system install if I bought it and then waited for it to be delivered... and I'm already behind since the new car is arriving tomorrow am.

Comment

Working...
                                X