No announcement yet.

1975 Plastic fantastic aka Corvette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the voltage is battery voltage - that's where the measurement is that started this whole thing (okay, that and it the battery went dead -new battery - a couple days ago)

but there's yet another issue - I went out just now to start the car for one of the guys who comes to small group at my house; it won't start... spins over just fine, tried to start once, now just spins..... kind of like something is not getting power... ah well... that's what Sunday's about fixing... tomorrow is for resting
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Damn carburetors. Never work when you want them.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• low fuel pressure, I think the battery was too low

Scott, I think you saw too many babes in bikinis today - carbs are for knuckledraggers :D the modern woman likes a man with good injection techiques

Comment

• update: it had nothing to do with the fuel injection.... it had everything to do with the cheapass Chinese fuse block I installed.... why do I hope that when N. Korea launches their missile at us, they miss and hit the Chinese? given the way things work, it'd probably hit the only city in China that makes quality parts....
          Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; February 17, 2013, 12:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
            update: it had nothing to do with the fuel injection.... it had everything to do with the cheapass Chinese fuse block I installed.... why do I hope that when N. Korea launches their missile at us, they miss and hit the Chinese? given the way things work, it'd probably hit the only city in China that makes quality parts....
            That won't be hard to miss - there ain't one. Looks great in advertisements, looks like I wish I had a local store to buy from when I get it. Painless is using chinapoo?
            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• Napa.... that's where the crappy one came from. I had one from my Buick, henche en Mexico - I figure at least it's the right continent - was the replacement

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                Napa.... that's where the crappy one came from. I had one from my Buick, henche en Mexico - I figure at least it's the right continent - was the replacement
                Everything from Napa is made in china now.

Never thought I would be relieved to see Made in Mexico on a box.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• more work
                  tried to save the rear emblem

nope - crooked, and didn't stay together... so unless I solder it (which probably won't work either) it looks like a new one is in order

some interference issues with the shifter

a bit of spacing and some heat - fixed

getting closer.... still waiting for the e-brake cover.... but close

and polished/grained air cleaner

Comment

• Hey, that's a factory 454 car. I can't believe you didn't restore it to stock.

All those wires near the shifter scares me.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                      Hey, that's a factory 454 car. I can't believe you didn't restore it to stock.

All those wires near the shifter scares me.
                      You know that when they advertise torque the hp is terrible... torque in a Corvette - too bad mine didn't come with the optional trailer hitch - then I might have kept the truck motor in it

those wires were nicely bound up and tucked away after that picture was taken....

Comment

• Every 454 is a truck motor. Everyone knows that. Same with the 409.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Every 454 is a truck motor. Everyone knows that. Same with the 409.
                          too bad Monk didn't get the memo

Comment

• more refinements
                            new alternator

installed, but, of course, nothing goes easily - those wires look terrible so I'll have to do some rewiring (ugh)

next up, making the t-tops fit better
                            Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; February 20, 2013, 10:43 PM.

Comment

• Dont open hood at car shows and autocrosses. Ugly wire problem solved.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Dont open hood at car shows and autocrosses. Ugly wire problem solved.
                                Good advice

However, the insulation on the wire from the alternator has gotten hot at some point - so I think I'll go ahead and fix it (rather than seeing my hood opened because the fire has melted the hood off the car)

Comment

Working...
                                X