X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bummer on the paint damage.
    I'm still learning

Comment

• not to sound fatalistic, but shit happens; sometimes it happens torrentially

I am going to repaint the car anyway, and I did learn a bit - that Summit urethane enamel doesn't work well on flexible bumpers (it works great on fiberglass) The solution is actually on the plans anyway. one of the ways to lighten the car is to remove the flexible bumpers and replace them with fiberglass ones... which, when I get around to doing the show-paint; I'll do at the same time. For now, I'll blow the paint off the bumpers and repaint with the same stuff....

Still, I'm surprised at the lack of comment on the sound the sidepipes make... to me they sound awesome.
      Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; March 28, 2013, 08:40 AM.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Sounds great I thought - albeit a bit hard to detect on any recording compared to real life.

Did you or can you add a "flex agent" to the paint for the urethane bits?

My friends 74 was treated to the fiberglass parts - and the place that did the paint work spent a lot of time making the new 'glass parts fit the OEM body parts right - one thing for sure (his car is black) there's no waves in the glass parts - unlike the urethane stuff that always seems to go out of shape over time.
        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• Felt cool.. Had no problems loading and watching (just the normal apple BS)
          Area looks familiar...
          Sure is beautiful up there!

Comment

• Next time, I'll attach the camera to the upper bar.... then you'll get more than a side-view

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
              Next time, I'll attach the camera to the upper bar.... then you'll get more than a side-view
              I dug the changes in the iPad feel when you shifted! But that hood sure didnt show much road..
              On the derby cars we mount about the rear view mirror area in the car.. Shows hits, hood bucklind and exhaust action.. Used to have flappers for me to watch so I know if they are running.. Also gave others a cue to hit the dead car..

Comment

• I'm waiting till I get home to hear the MUSIC from those pipes! Can't enjoy it being quiet at work....
                Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• If it sounds as good in person as it does through your camera and out of my computer speakers - then I love it! Sounds completely awesome.

At one point in about the middle of the video, you were just cruising, and it didn't sound smooth. Was that just because you below the rpm where the cam smooths out? It sounded fine a few seconds later when you rolled into the throttle.

Comment

• Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

My nexus will not display the video but if I reply to it I can click on it.

Looks like fun, you staying in 3rd most of the time?
                    Last edited by Russell; March 29, 2013, 06:09 AM.
                    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                    1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                    ​​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by yellomalibu View Post
                      If it sounds as good in person as it does through your camera and out of my computer speakers - then I love it! Sounds completely awesome.

At one point in about the middle of the video, you were just cruising, and it didn't sound smooth. Was that just because you below the rpm where the cam smooths out? It sounded fine a few seconds later when you rolled into the throttle.
                      I don't know - it had a couple of lean stumbles that might have been the computer having trouble with acknowledging the right rpm. Up until I drove it that day, the rpm displays matched (gauge, computer)..

Originally posted by Russell View Post
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCqjV...=youtube_gdata

My nexus will not display the video but if I reply to it I can click on it.

Looks like fun, you staying in 3rd most of the time?
                      cruising, yes, 3rd... however, the spirited portion was mostly 2nd - the car has 3.08 gears, the top of 2nd is 60 mph

Comment

• While I wait for not-so-FAST to get my computer back (they said they'll test it on their dyno by Wednesday night - then they'll let me know what they're going to do).... I figured I might as well fix a bit of the paint issue

reminder photo of the problem

and the other momentos

so the front, simply feathering in paint over the blemishes will be fine for now (I'm going to replace this piece with a fiberglass one)

but the back, requires stripping

I finally said the heck with it, and got my sanding drums out from my days of building stainless sinks.... much better for stripping these

Comment

• looks kind of melty. You should clear it just like that. "Yo mon, trippy"
                          Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• You get more done in a day than I get done in a year.
                            I'm still learning

Comment

• Car sounded great, very smooth... I wasn't realizing that you actually had the dying on tape.
                              1997 Ranger 5.0L HO, GT40 heads/tubular intake, 65mm TB, 1.7rr, B303, Tri-Y headers, dual 2.5" exhaust, Flowmaster mufflers, T5 trans, Tri-Ax shifter, CenterForce Dual Friction clutch, 8.8 Traction Lok 3.55 gears, Cobra 13" front brakes, Cobra 11.65" rear discs.
                              1997 Mustang GT
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

Sounds awesome!
                                If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Working...
                                X