No announcement yet.

1975 Plastic fantastic aka Corvette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like the big back glass c3 just as much or more than the chrome bumper cars.
    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
    1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
    ​​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by tardis454 View Post
      (made from Remy Z's Mirada parts..)
      Hey, WTF, over?!
      Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

• drove the car to work today - why is it I can cut the center out of a car and build it anew from scratch, rebuild damn near anything, but completely forget to set the idle!?!?!
        Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; April 23, 2013, 09:53 AM.
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• damned - he IS HUMAN!

LOL
          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• Originally posted by milner351 View Post
            damned - he IS HUMAN!

LOL
            Shhhh, he'll hear you...
            I'm still learning

Comment

damned - he IS HUMAN!

LOL
              despite such silly accusations (answer me this, how can I be human without a heart?)....

I found I really needed to richen the mixture to get the car to run right.

EZ default is 13.5 at idle, 12.8 at WOT, and 14.7 cruise. Currently, I've changed the settings to 12.5 idle, 11.5 WOT, and 13.5 cruise.... I did find an interesting way of getting it to run better (again, as I know nothing about fuel injection and I won't embrace my inner geek) is to observe where the car is running - there's real-time display for current air mixture, and there are target air mixtures - those should, apparently, be close to each other.... it runs a lot better

I do still have an off-idle stumble between 950 (idle) and 1200 rpm, and have increased the electronic fuel squirter thingy (technical term) up two points.... tried 3 but then the problem came back again...

I still think i have a vacuum leak somewhere.... because I don't have fine adjustment with the advance circuit. I know I should simply eliminate the vacuum cannister on the distributor because it just isn't that sensitive with the low vacuum signal this engine produces (3 to 12 hg).... maybe that will be my next step - electronic advance, which means I should have waited for the next generation of EZ EFI; but I console myself with 2 things: 1) I'd still be fighting a carb, and 2) the price difference between next Gen EZ and what I have is nearly $800 - which is about 3x more than what it'll cost to simply add a crank trigger to my MSD system
              Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; April 23, 2013, 01:36 PM.

Comment

• well that's weird

for some reason the rear brakes seem to be hanging when the car has been driven for a bit. As the ONLY bit in the brake system that isn't brand flippin new is the proportioning valve - I'm going to throw parts at it and hope it fixes it.

I know the e-brakes are fine, and not hanging..... it's something that's holding too much pressure in the rear brake calipers.

Comment

• residual valve somewhere?
                  Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• it's in the proportioning valve - it's supposed to hold slight pressure on the rears so they start braking first... at least that's the rumor

Comment

• gut it?

Last edited by Beagle; April 30, 2013, 05:02 AM.
                      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• I'm not arguing..........but I'm smelling "flexible brake line" inner collapse starting.
                        Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                          gut it?

I always wondered what they looked like inside.... will have to do that when I get the replacement

Comment

• capilary action in a brake hose is what I'm thinking too - dang - Stiney and I are like brothers from other mothers.
                            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                              well that's weird

for some reason the rear brakes seem to be hanging when the car has been driven for a bit. As the ONLY bit in the brake system that isn't brand flippin new is the proportioning valve - I'm going to throw parts at it and hope it fixes it.

I know the e-brakes are fine, and not hanging..... it's something that's holding too much pressure in the rear brake calipers.
                              brand-flippin-new includes the flexible brake lines - they're stainless-sheathed-lines.... as per Bob's orders (and we all know what happens when Bob isn't obeyed...)
                              Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; April 30, 2013, 09:32 AM.

Comment

capilary action in a brake hose is what I'm thinking too - dang - Stiney and I are like brothers from other mothers.
                                in that you both didn't read my original post?

Comment

Working...
                                X