X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by G-Motive View Post
    That's a mighty fine intake you have on there captain, not big on that vacuum secondary carb but I guess you have to do what you have to do.

it was a "perhaps another carb will make it run better" effort... it didn't work, but since summer cruising is months away - I've not done anything with it. I think next up will be a small double pumper (650 range)

Originally posted by Stewzer55 View Post
    They're addicting. There's actually 2 C3's in my garage, both blue, the '74 which hasn't been driveable for the last several years and a 22K mile '82 that needs the fuel pressure set and new intake gaskets. Its a Ceasefire (Crossfire) Injection car that has every option except the Collectors Edition. The Gymkahana suspension doesn't ride too rough and is a decent stock upgrade.
    the whole car-thing is addicting, but Corvettes are their own special breed. It's funny, I remember when the C1 wasn't that popular, then the C2, then the hate on the C3, and current hate on the C4... but each flavor of the Corvette have people who think that body style is "it"... mine is the C3 too - I love the sexy, hourglass shape.... but this next one, should the deal happen, is not going to live here long.

Leave a comment:

• Stewzer55
    replied
    They're addicting. There's actually 2 C3's in my garage, both blue, the '74 which hasn't been driveable for the last several years and a 22K mile '82 that needs the fuel pressure set and new intake gaskets. Its a Ceasefire (Crossfire) Injection car that has every option except the Collectors Edition. The Gymkahana suspension doesn't ride too rough and is a decent stock upgrade.

Leave a comment:

• G-Motive
    replied
    That's a mighty fine intake you have on there captain, not big on that vacuum secondary carb but I guess you have to do what you have to do.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    I may have its automatic twin in my garage soon...

Leave a comment:

• Stewzer55
    replied
    I'm not going to get much sleep tonight because I stayed up too late reading this thread attempting to learn from your shortcomings and issues with your C3 so I don't have the same problems you did on my 74.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    carb swap
    600 cfm vs. 780 cfm... don't need the extra cfm since it has valves that float at 5200 rpm

runs pretty well, except I need to do a jet change.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    I like pop up lights, so no, no change

Leave a comment:

• STINEY
    replied
    When you say changing all this up........does that include the headlights? I'm remembering that you are, maybe faulty brain cells on my part.

If so, what is the plan?

Conversion buckets for factory appearance, something custom?

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
    and now on to the lights - to say these have abysmal lighting would suggest that there is any lighting - there really isn't. Because of the convoluted way GM wired these things, people are "happy" with 11 volts to the lights. Mine had 1/2 that.

and this

Eventually, I'm changing all this up....

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    if you look closely, you will see a finished (now silver) product

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
    Just replace batteries, good to go..

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
    hehe "hummer" "goes down"
    Just replace batteries, good to go..

Leave a comment:

• JOES66FURY
    replied
    hehe "hummer" "goes down"

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    it needs tuning, again, so no hard charging for a bit.... right now, getting it off the injured list is a good thing because if my Hummer goes down - I'm driving it.

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    Too bad it is too wet and leafy to go on a hard charge...

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    It runs again... I have a bunch of little things like oil caps and tightening the headers again... but it runs so I can move the stuff that needs fixing back into the shop.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X