No announcement yet.

1975 Plastic fantastic aka Corvette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Living the life, SBG, just living the life.
    I'm still learning

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Holmes View Post
      Living the life, SBG, just living the life.
      it wouldn't be racing if the car was ready 24 hours before it's supposed to hit the track....

to save explanation, I'm a SDA - means I don't work on my cars on Sabbath.... I say that to give context to the next stuff

I was rushing to get done before sundown, and I think I did.... but I didn't get it off the lift, nor did I get to drive it.... nothing like suspense.....

I did get the parts today, however, at 10:30 (woohoo Summit!)

Last night, I worked on my truck and put the brake controller in - does my trailer have brakes? yes. Do the work? no. Does the brake controller work? why bother if the brakes don't work... but at least the controller is in the truck

so after removing the transmission again.... and putting the fork in (I did verify that I could get a fork in.... but as I didn't have this fork; I guessed I'd be able to get it in... no)

and putting it back together

I need to paint it... but it's in

and bleeding

it's in... tomorrow night, after sundown (4:30), I'll get back onto finding out whether I'm racing the C3 or the 325.... if the C3, then I need to unload, and hookup my trailer.... that will take some time since it has press-brake parts on it.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

I need to paint it... but it's in

and bleeding

Is that a bleeder on the bottom of the hydraulic ...aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh I just hit my funny bone....

ouch, grunt, groan...

nevermind

Comment

• Aren't bleeders always oposite sides of the inlet?

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
            Aren't bleeders always oposite sides of the inlet?
            Before I wacked my elbow, I was wondering about the bleeder being on the bottom. I thought bleeders were always on top because air and bubbles float to the top.

Comment

Aren't bleeders always oposite sides of the inlet?
              it would be easy enough to switch, but it bleeds just fine when you run the tube up to the reservoir

and to be honest, I didn't even think about it - I was in such a rush.... ah well, that does give me a good starting point if I can't get it to work tomorrow night

I really want to race, and I was pretty disappointed when I realized I couldn't get the arm in from the outside. I managed to pull and reinstall the trans and bellhousing in 1 1/2 hours
              Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; November 15, 2013, 10:16 PM.

Comment

• Saturday all nighter!
                Done that too many times to count!

Comment

• Time for peer review....

it works

so I had trouble getting disengagement, so I moved the pivot point in towards the transmission.... success.... or is it?

Comment

• U gonna Vette, slide or mud tomorrow?

Comment

U gonna Vette, slide or mud tomorrow?

I'm going out for a drive, so I'll tell you in 20 minutes

Comment

• Must be walking home......maybe sliding is on the agenda.
                        Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by STINEY View Post
                          Must be walking home......maybe sliding is on the agenda.
                          Might have a blue light special?

Comment

• none of the above. Went out, got fuel, got home and smelled oil.... put it up on the rack and applied silicone to the offending leak..... we'll see if it works tomorrow.

When I put the pan on, there was a glob of silicone on the front seal area - I put it there, but have no recollection of doing so.... now I know why, it leaks... so I applied some from the outside and spatula'd it in.... hopefully got into the area and sealed it. I was planning on loading tonight... that's not going to happen. the silicone needs to dry so I'll be loading first thing in the morning.... yippee up at 6 on a Sunday

Comment

• Things we do.....
                              Have fun, good to know you don't need to pull an all nighter....

Comment

Things we do.....
                                Have fun, good to know you don't need to pull an all nighter....
                                I probably should drop the pan, silicone and reinstall - but I'm just not going to. The Corvette may simply go for a ride tomorrow and I'll drive the BMW; but in any case, I think it's fine as long as I let it setup and don't get excited and load it on the trailer tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X