No announcement yet.

1975 Plastic fantastic aka Corvette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stiney, we'll send you the gold chain decoder ring.
    I'm still learning

Comment

• Originally posted by STINEY View Post
      What exactly does the conversion rear thingy get you? Molded in "bumpers"? Me no speaky corvette real good.....
      2" flares get me wider tires, better traction. That mod goes with the prior mod of the VBP offset control arms

The rear facia, I'm not a fan of the 74-82 rear, I like the older version, so it'll look similar to a 73 Corvette which has metal rear bumpers but the rubber front bumper (my favorite style of this generation)

It should also help with downforce because the rear has a spoiler integrated into tail light panel.

Also, it will save weight because the bumpers and associated hardware will be gone (both ends)

On the front, I'll probably lose the body line at the front bumper and replace the rubber bumper with a fiberglass one (this one moves about)

Also, I'm going to change the 4 headlights to a single projector.... thus the door doesn't have to open as far and I get better driving lights (the stock lights are abysmal)
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Holmes View Post
        Stiney, we'll send you the gold chain decoder ring.
        Laugh it up, Bob, we know that you have latent C3 tendencies.

Comment

• Remove all the bumper stuff, huh. Do you plan on removing the landscape rocks first?

Hell, I missed a lot. I would have figured you going for the aluminum LS... going hunting for Caddy motors?
          Last edited by Beagle; November 22, 2013, 05:22 AM.
          Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
            2" flares get me wider tires, better traction. That mod goes with the prior mod of the VBP offset control arms

The rear facia, I'm not a fan of the 74-82 rear, I like the older version, so it'll look similar to a 73 Corvette which has metal rear bumpers but the rubber front bumper (my favorite style of this generation)

It should also help with downforce because the rear has a spoiler integrated into tail light panel.

Also, it will save weight because the bumpers and associated hardware will be gone (both ends)

On the front, I'll probably lose the body line at the front bumper and replace the rubber bumper with a fiberglass one (this one moves about)

Also, I'm going to change the 4 headlights to a single projector.... thus the door doesn't have to open as far and I get better driving lights (the stock lights are abysmal)

Oh dear God in heaven... I almost can feel a Greenwood wide body kit from the late seventies coming on...LOL
            Patrick & Tammy
            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Originally posted by Beagle View Post
              Remove all the bumper stuff, huh. Do you plan on removing the landscape rocks first?
              oh hell no

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
              Hell, I missed a lot. I would have figured you going for the aluminum LS... going hunting for Caddy motors?
              I can buy a 6.2 LS motor for ~6000, add another 500-1000 to make it work
              or
              I can build a 427 with a block I own, with all the good stuff inside and aluminum heads for about 4000

I don't have to search for a 500, I have one, but I want the car to be sellable at the end

Comment

• Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                Oh dear God in heaven... I almost can feel a Greenwood wide body kit from the late seventies coming on...LOL
                Corvette Summer was a favorite movie growing up... but no, IMSA fenders look aweful

Comment

Corvette Summer was a favorite movie growing up... but no, IMSA fenders look aweful
                  Bit your tongue...
                  If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

• Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
                    Bit your tongue...
                    I've not yet found a greenwood body kit that I like. OTOH, greenwood makes some really, really, really good suspension stuff - in fact, I have the bits to do a greenwood rear suspension on my C3 - though at this point, I'm not sure it'd make much difference in handling compared to what I've already done.

Comment

I've not yet found a greenwood body kit that I like. OTOH, greenwood makes some really, really, really good suspension stuff - in fact, I have the bits to do a greenwood rear suspension on my C3 - though at this point, I'm not sure it'd make much difference in handling compared to what I've already done.
                      I like this Greenwood body kit
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Yes, Mike, Yes!! That's the one.

Like grumpy...I mean SBG...I don't like the big fender IMSA look either.

Yep, you got me SBG. As a former C2 owner, however, I feel empowered to throw out the gold chain stereotype from time to time. If we can't laugh at ourselves, then we should do something else.

This is becoming interesting.
                        I'm still learning

Comment

oh hell no

I can buy a 6.2 LS motor for ~6000, add another 500-1000 to make it work
                          or
                          I can build a 427 with a block I own, with all the good stuff inside and aluminum heads for about 4000

I don't have to search for a 500, I have one, but I want the car to be sellable at the end
                          Aluminum 6.2 from an Escalade is what I meant... diet.
                          Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Ouch! Always an innocent bystander. (or is that Millicent Bystander?)

Greenwood....had to search that to learn more.

This one appeals to me personally. I could do without the rear window awning and the spoiler, but otherwise I like it.

Last edited by STINEY; November 22, 2013, 09:11 AM.
                            Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• this one caused odd movement in my pants...

Last edited by JOES66FURY; November 22, 2013, 11:17 AM.
                              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

• Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post

this one caused odd movement in my pants...

the top is generally thought of as the greenwood kit
                                the bottom is close to what mine will look like when it's done. I'm still working on whether or not 2" or 4" rear flares.

But

I'm ordering the bits - fiberglass nose to lighten the car by removing most of the bumper supports. I'm also changing the lights to a pop-up but with HID lights
                                2" front flares
                                2 or 4" rear flares
                                and rear conversion to make the 75 look like a 73. Bonus is I get a spoiler

Comment

Working...
                                X