1975 Plastic fantastic aka Corvette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by STINEY View Post
    You keep it up and the Healey trade will end up even....I won't even ask for any boot money. Now a big-block - this just gets better and better.
    that would be a great trade for me - after all, I need a car that goes slower, handles worse, is less safe, gets worse mileage, and is worth fewer dollars that what I currently have....

Chris, you'll make a great salesman someday
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Exactly! Err...wait....

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• coming from the front, balancer seal.... nice, huh, I didn't touch that when I did the pan gasket.....
        Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; December 1, 2013, 09:36 PM.

Comment

• This engine has a pcv or at least a breather, right?

Comment

• oh yeah vacuum and vent

And I'm still curious how I managed to make it leak there...

Yesterday, I was driving it and I've been considering putting a more streetable cam in it. It's like my brother's CR 250 - it comes on gently, like a light switch... but oh is it fun, it pulls okay to 3200 then is instantly at 4000 rpm (and we wonder why I have trouble keeping clutches in it?)... how can I give that up? I want to be responsible; but it's just not possible.
            Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; December 2, 2013, 07:06 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
              oh yeah vacuum and vent

And I'm still curious how I managed to make it leak there...

Yesterday, I was driving it and I've been considering putting a more streetable cam in it. It's like my brother's CR 250 - it comes on gently, like a light switch... but oh is it fun, it pulls okay to 3200 then is instantly at 4000 rpm (and we wonder why I have trouble keeping clutches in it?)... how can I give that up? I want to be responsible; but it's just not possible.
              Responsible? thats just crazy talk.
              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

• Your old ass balancer needs a $7.00 sleeve.
                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• or simply replace it with an SFI one that was on the shelf ....

Comment

• dammit
                    and note the antifreeze on there - meaning I probably injured the water pump as well

but at least it's now off

and I think I found the oil leak.... on the opposite side, you can see where the seal rode on the balancer.... there's no such witness mark on this side

and the new balancer

I hate to do it, but I'm going to pull the pan again and replace the oil pan seal.... I'm not completely convinced that the only leak is that front seal....

Comment

• and it's back together

I'll drive it today and see what's what

Comment

and it's back together

I'll drive it today and see what's what
                        With studs? ... U got snow too?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                          I can tell you the LS3 all aluminum 427 is 550 lbs shipping weight. Our aluminum headed 540 bbc BluePrint's block is 615.
                          and an all alum bbc 540cid or bigger.. 500lb +-20lb

Comment

• is it bad that after reading updates that I look on e bay at c3's

Comment

• Portland has snow, we have sunny, blue skies (dammit)

about the motor. I'm not building anything bigger than a 427 stroke motor (3.76). I've done this - where I've built the largest motor I can, and it becomes undriveable because it's way more than the rest of the car can handle (a 1967 Camaro with a 454). Back in the day, the 302 Camaros were far faster than the BB Camaros on the track (the one with corners). I don't need a bunch of torque. I need a wide power band. Longevity comes from light parts, longer stroke does not make for light parts. Thus, short stroke, short piston, light rods, lightened crank and a powerband from 3200 to 8000 rpm will do nicely.

Comment

Portland has snow, we have sunny, blue skies (dammit)

about the motor. I'm not building anything bigger than a 427 stroke motor (3.76). I've done this - where I've built the largest motor I can, and it becomes undriveable because it's way more than the rest of the car can handle (a 1967 Camaro with a 454). Back in the day, the 302 Camaros were far faster than the BB Camaros on the track (the one with corners). I don't need a bunch of torque. I need a wide power band. Longevity comes from light parts, longer stroke does not make for light parts. Thus, short stroke, short piston, light rods, lightened crank and a powerband from 3200 to 8000 rpm will do nicely.
                                like your plan.. would a 396 be better with smaller pistons?

Comment

Working...
                                X