No announcement yet.

1975 Plastic fantastic aka Corvette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When you say changing all this up........does that include the headlights? I'm remembering that you are, maybe faulty brain cells on my part.

If so, what is the plan?

Conversion buckets for factory appearance, something custom?

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
    and now on to the lights - to say these have abysmal lighting would suggest that there is any lighting - there really isn't. Because of the convoluted way GM wired these things, people are "happy" with 11 volts to the lights. Mine had 1/2 that.

and this

Eventually, I'm changing all this up....
    Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• I like pop up lights, so no, no change
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• carb swap
        600 cfm vs. 780 cfm... don't need the extra cfm since it has valves that float at 5200 rpm

runs pretty well, except I need to do a jet change.

Comment

• I'm not going to get much sleep tonight because I stayed up too late reading this thread attempting to learn from your shortcomings and issues with your C3 so I don't have the same problems you did on my 74.
          Stew K.

2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer LS 4x4 4.2 L6 Stock DD
          1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser Adopt-A-Whale
          1988 Chevrolet R30 Custom Deluxe L05 3L80 C&C
          1974 Chevrolet Corvette 350/TH400 (Garage Art)

Comment

• I may have its automatic twin in my garage soon...

Comment

• That's a mighty fine intake you have on there captain, not big on that vacuum secondary carb but I guess you have to do what you have to do.

Comment

• They're addicting. There's actually 2 C3's in my garage, both blue, the '74 which hasn't been driveable for the last several years and a 22K mile '82 that needs the fuel pressure set and new intake gaskets. Its a Ceasefire (Crossfire) Injection car that has every option except the Collectors Edition. The Gymkahana suspension doesn't ride too rough and is a decent stock upgrade.
                Stew K.

Comment

• Originally posted by G-Motive View Post
                  That's a mighty fine intake you have on there captain, not big on that vacuum secondary carb but I guess you have to do what you have to do.

it was a "perhaps another carb will make it run better" effort... it didn't work, but since summer cruising is months away - I've not done anything with it. I think next up will be a small double pumper (650 range)

Originally posted by Stewzer55 View Post
                  They're addicting. There's actually 2 C3's in my garage, both blue, the '74 which hasn't been driveable for the last several years and a 22K mile '82 that needs the fuel pressure set and new intake gaskets. Its a Ceasefire (Crossfire) Injection car that has every option except the Collectors Edition. The Gymkahana suspension doesn't ride too rough and is a decent stock upgrade.
                  the whole car-thing is addicting, but Corvettes are their own special breed. It's funny, I remember when the C1 wasn't that popular, then the C2, then the hate on the C3, and current hate on the C4... but each flavor of the Corvette have people who think that body style is "it"... mine is the C3 too - I love the sexy, hourglass shape.... but this next one, should the deal happen, is not going to live here long.

Comment

• I heard that " not going to live here long" before about this one...
                    Flip it.... Flipped it right back to yourself
                    Don't blame you a bit either

Comment

• no, I really don't need a second, more boring version of my car

it's an L82, automatic... so I could swap differentials (3.08 vs. 3.55) - but even that, it's not that hard to swap gears in mine, especially since I have another differential to build.

Comment

• The answer is no, I don't need that car. But, what was interesting (to me) was this. I drove that car, it's pretty much a stock 75 Corvette with 3.55 gears rather than the stock 3.08. Here's what I found - oh good grief is my car better than stock. There just isn't a comparison - sometimes, I guess, you just don't realize how good something is (or has gotten) until you test what it was before. That Corvette was in driver condition. The brakes had an issue, the trailing arm bushings probably could use a change out - but since it was stock, it was good comparison. While mine is a bit raw around the edges (okay, it's completely raw with very little help in the way of comfort) - that Corvette felt like driving a sofa, it had no road feel, was "peppy" off the line only because of the gears but once it was going it was a snooze-fest, mine has manual brakes/steering/manual - that one had power everything including windows (though no AC).
                        I also got a good feel for gearing - if I put 3.55 gears in mine, it simply wouldn't ever get off the line without wheelspin, thus, I'll go with 3.23 or 3.36 gearing - 3.08 is just too low and requires a lot of clutch slipping off the line....

the trade, though, would be a great starting point for someone - it needs everything, but it doesn't need anything now so it would be something that someone could enjoy while they did upgrades... that is, once they fixed the bumpers and the paint.

Comment

• You raise a good point, It would be fascinating to drive a stock version of my car to see the difference!

Comment

• you'll be astounded... for my car, it goes from gold chain to rocking with such cheap and simple fixes. I'm glad DF hates them so much, but I totally get why - even with fixes, his mopars are still pigs.

Comment

• Its pretty amazing how a little suspension tuning can totally change the attitude of a car.
                              I'm still learning

Comment

• Wait, DF hates Mopars or Corvettes?
                                Stew K.

Comment

Working...
                                X