No announcement yet.

1975 Plastic fantastic aka Corvette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You know......regular mowing prevents those super-tall/hard weeds from growing in the first place. Just sayin'.

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• if the weed has a larger-than-10" diameter base you need a permit to mow it... as the State can't get jurisdiction over God (therefore, they can't cite him for improper tree removal), they can only whine and hold "tree planting" days
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• wow, tree permits.
        I hope we don't have them, if trees are in the way they come down.
        I'm going to have to take down a walnut to make the shop bigger.... it's a shame but I'm tired of turning my ankle walking on them, or shooting them out of the mower, and they kill everything under them, but most importantly - this one is in the way of making the shop bigger.... it .... must .... go
        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• Cannot log trees 39" across in OR... Called "Old Growth" then.. But I can fall it for firewood!
          Weird sumbitches!

Comment

• A friend bought some property in the town next door that has never been developed. I'm not sure if it's city, county, or state - but we can cut and clear anything under 6 inches. Anything over 6 inches needs a permit.
            Also, there are rules for how many hardwood trees a builder must install (plant) per acre of property or per lot... but gone are the days when a builder or developer can come in and simply "clear" the land.

Comment

• sooooo.... time for some maintenance... or, how to fix a clutch multiple times

land cruiser out of the way

2 9/16 wrenches, and a phillips driver on my drill gun

so I am selling the car, and I would have been sad to see this bellhousing go away since it's a BOP AND chevrolet bellhousing

not a SFI bellhousing, but it still will protect your legs if things go boom

so here's the issue - the corvette arm is on the top

the one on the bottom was what I was using - it hit the floorboard, thus not allowing the clutch to completely disengage

new bellhousing in place, but I needed to stop and think how I'm going to put the slave cylinder in place and whether or not I need to create a touch more room for the clutch arm (hits the bellhousing)

I'll finish it tomorrow night - then solve a gas smell and put a trim back on the passenger side... Regis got irritated at me because it was missing... he's such a slave driver

Comment

• If you don't clearance the clutch arm now, the noise it will likely make will drive you crazy and you will have to do it later. Do it now while you're into it.

Comment

• there's more to it than that....
                  there isn't enough distance between the throwout and the collar...

I cheated, I used 1/16" washers to get the clearance. I could fix it one of two ways - I could use my SFI billet flywheel - but that requires a race clutch, or I could take material off the flywheel. Problem is the springs then hit the flywheel bolts

onto the hydraulics.... time to make a clutch engagement arm

about 1/2 done

Comment

• Loving the direction of your project. Keep up the good work.
                    CHECK US OUT AT:
                    www.ridetech.com

Comment

• finished it up

I still have to adjust it and maybe find a better way of keeping the heim joint in place....

Comment

• Did you make a new plate or just revrse the old one and space it out?

And selling?
                        Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• reversed the plate

yes, it's time to move onto other projects.... plus, very first post I said I was going to sell this one; it just took a bit longer than I was planning.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                            it just took a bit longer than I was planning.
                            I live that quote.
                            I'm still learning

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Holmes View Post

I live that quote.

I think it's a requirement for membership on BS.

Comment

• How about slot the fork and put the hemi in the middle? [o] with a bolt run through. You could box in it on the back side if not strong enough
                                Last edited by Russell; April 30, 2015, 11:04 AM.
                                http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                                1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                                ​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                                X