1975 Plastic fantastic aka Corvette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Russell View Post
    How about slot the fork and put the hemi in the middle? [o] with a bolt run through. You could box in it on the back side if not strong enough

it's already slotted, just not wide enough. I did think about it, but figure it's more strength this way... plus, it's a stockish clutch, so it's not exactly hard to engage.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• my clutch is finally fixed.... and here's what it was
      the hose was too small of inner diameter. The way I diagnosed this was I put my inspection camera on it then watched how the slave cylinder moved. I noticed pretty quickly that, despite my pedal being at the floor, the slave cylinder was still moving (meaning there was excess pressure). So I went 2 sizes larger and it's firm, but not a burden.
      The final tally is 7/8" slave, 7/8" master, 3/16 stainless line. The pivot point is just below the stock pivot point because I needed more travel to get full travel - with that said, if I'd simply used the GM pivot point on the pedal, it would have worked fine. I know I'll have some fine adjustment, but at least now it fully disengages and gives enough travel to make the clutch work well.

Comment

• cool! glad to hear you got it sorted!
        Patrick & Tammy
        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• So? Full throttle shifts soon?

Comment

• You seriously believe there weren't burn outs and bang shifts before? you don't know me very well

Comment

• That's very interesting on the hose size....,thanks for sharing your findings!
              Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                You seriously believe there weren't burn outs and bang shifts before? you don't know me very well
                Oh I believe there were!.. Just doubtful they wer full throttle ones... Why? Malfunctioning clutches like to stay on the floor with higher revs

Comment

• 3 years.... bye bye Plastic

and you folks said I wouldn't ever sell it.... HA I say.

Comment

• What is going to quell your thirst for burning rubber?

Comment

• incentive to get the Buick or CTS spider project accelerating...
                      Last edited by silver_bullet; June 5, 2015, 04:48 AM.
                      Patrick & Tammy
                      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• and I have space in my shop again... but there should (crossing fingers) be a 455 now 430 in my shop in a couple weeks...

what is kind of funny, the guy who bought the car said when he first looked/drove the car that he was going to keep the car for the summer then sell it on. When he bought it yesterday, he said will keep it until next summer to sell... he has this thread link, so he'll see this - but here's what I say. He'll keep it for lots of years. He is already planning on getting it repainted - which will really bring the car to the next level...

and I will have another C3, I already have the flares for it.... next one will be a bbc.

Comment

• ...!...

(no smiley for astonishment)
                          Last edited by Loren; June 5, 2015, 06:59 AM.

Comment

and I have space in my shop again...
                            What is this "space" of which you speak?

And is it related to "semi-clean"?

(wife ventured into my barn early last evening, right as I was finishing rolling engine stands and motorcycles and saws around to make room to roll the CJ7 frame inside. When I saw her eyes do that wandering-over-the-in-her-mind-clutter, and then looking in the haymows in the same manner.......well I promptly distracted her and started talking about picking out fixtures for the new upstairs bathroom, which we just gutted last weekend. That was a close one!)

Last edited by STINEY; June 5, 2015, 07:59 AM.
                            Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Loren View Post
                              ...!...

(no smiley for astonishment)

sure there is, I think most have it programmed into their function keys for my posts.

Comment

sure there is, I think most have it programmed into their function keys for my posts.
                                CTRL + ALT + SHIFT + Left elbow F12.

Kind of (almost, well, sort of) sorry to see it go. What's next?
                                Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Working...
                                X