1975 Plastic fantastic aka Corvette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FJ40, Fiat, Sedanette
    with a brief detour for the diesel Land Rover.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.... I really want the Sedanet to be show-worthy in craftsmanship and I want to do it all myself (including the top chop)... all the others, including the C3 are practice.

With that said, I will own another C3 - but right now I need a truck.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Great news - one less Chevy mucking up the bunch
      LOL

Seriously - if you have better plans for other things I applaud your tenacity to stick to your long term vision.

I too consider lots of things practice - in my case, with far less experience and skill than yourself - the Falcon has been great learning material in preparation for the big block mach1.
      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• Originally posted by milner351 View Post
        Great news - one less Chevy mucking up the bunch
        LOL

Seriously - if you have better plans for other things I applaud your tenacity to stick to your long term vision.

I too consider lots of things practice - in my case, with far less experience and skill than yourself - the Falcon has been great learning material in preparation for the big block mach1.

but why would you waste your talents on a Ford?
        sorry, couldn't resist.... I didn't actually try to resist, but I figured I'd at least nod at resistance as I blew by it.

Comment

• John does strike me as more of a closet GM guy.
          Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• This car is now on Craigslist: http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/5123425718.html

The listing currently reads:

1975 Chevrolet Corvette T-top, with custom one piece top

400 SB, Holly 750, Hooker Headers to side pipes, Tires are like New

Wilwood disk brakes all around

Rare 4 speed car

Built for road and track use, compliant to run at Monroe race track, with fuel cell, roll cage, belts, extinguisher etc...

Build up page @ Bangshift.com under the name of Plasticfantastic

Fast car !!
            The seller mentioned this thread, which I found and perused with increasing astonishment to see all the work that went into this car. I'm really impressed. I created a forum account just so I could tell you how much I admire your work. I haven't the faintest clue how to do this stuff, and it makes me wish I had time to learn.

I've been longing for the C3 vettes on Craigslist for awhile now, and this is my favorite I've ever seen. The price on Craigslist ($12,500) seems like a pretty good deal considering all the work that went into this.

If I had someplace to keep it, I'd buy it. Maybe someday I will have space (and time) for stuff like this.

Thanks for creating this great thread!

Comment

• I appreciate that - the guy who bought it said something about reselling it. Thanks for posting the ad - that said, it's a 350, not a 400.
              Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; July 15, 2015, 09:02 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                I appreciate that - the guy who bought it said something about reselling it. Thanks for posting the ad - that said, it's a 350, not a 400.
                That's too bad. I hope he didn't do that on purpose.

Can you comment on whether he is selling at a loss? Feel free not to answer that if you'd rather not. I'm just trying to keep my finger on the pulse on C3 prices.

You mentioned your next C3 will be "a bbc". Does that mean a big-block? (pardon my newbie ignorance). Will you link to a new thread from here when you start that project? I'd love to see that one happen in real time, so I can guarantee you at least one fanboy watching that project closely, and maybe a potential buyer (I can dream, right?)

Thanks!

Comment

• I'm not going to mess with his sale, but the price is what I asked for it (and probably the lowest-priced 4 speed that you can drive now) and we negotiated from there.

Yes, a 427 Big block chevrolet

I blog everything I build - right now I'm doing an FJ40 - the next C3 is going to use the flares I have in my rafters; that said, when its done, this one will be value priced comparatively

and with that said, I have a twin turbo Fiat 124 and a 1950 Buick Sedanette that are first... so it will be awhile before I do another C3.

believe it or not, I made money on the sale of that Corvette - so it is possible to build one without completely mortgaging your future.

Comment

Working...
                  X