X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Touche'!
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

None of those will stop a zombie........ just saying....
      Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

yet donuts will stop a cop, the zombies can feast on the cop - nice symetry, that

as for the block of wood, I got an equipment violation ticket - which I beat in Court....

although, were it that cop, and zombies feast on brains, the zombie would have starved.
        Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; March 30, 2012, 04:04 PM.
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

So, back to more drama... oh wait, no drama, simply a motor placement. I did learn that Corvettes have different motor mounts than anything else.... who knew?

those with sharp eyes will notice something strange about the accessories on this motor

and without drama, the motor is in the car

I got lucky, I have a high shear (lol) torque converter in the car. I have a spare B&M 1800-2300 stall converter, and thought I'd simply use it because I had it. However, the car came with a new B&M converter, but of unknown stall. I now know the stall - 2400 - and that is exactly the stall I need for the thumpr cam.... love it, no drama.

Comment

gonna tidy up that engine bay at all?
            If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

oh snap!

you mean my cleaning up of the brake boost and the new master cylinder isn't enough? :'(

actually, I cleaned and repainted everything from the frame downward before I put the motor in.... will do the upper part after I repaint the car - then I can be lazy and not get too fastideous about taping the seams.

Comment

nice, a nice tidy bay, a pretty new motor..... bet you wont have a problem unloading this car...I dig it...always wanted one.
                If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

i have no idea what is diffrent about the accessory set up lol
                  Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
                  Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

Jaguar (lucas electronics) alternator.

Comment

yup never would of gotten that lol
                      Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

the guy from whom I bought the Corvette has what will be a really nice Jag XKE; he's also not answering my phone calls about some misc. parts that I didn't get when I picked up the car. Wonder what a coil and alternator are worth from an XKE on ebay? maybe I can make my money back selling them

More likely I'll stick them up on my wall and laugh each time I think about it (I need the alternator, radiator, and shroud - all of which I've already replaced... really, why get mad?)
                        Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; April 8, 2012, 08:21 AM.

Comment

if the parts ar in good shape? proably a nice amount for the concourse guys

Comment

not really - they look used... and with Lucas electronics, if they look used that means the smoke has escaped from them and they are no good.

Comment

Progress?
                              I got at least 3 different sets of brackets for this car.... some are obviously wrong, others, well, put up a quandry. Now that I have the driver's side mostly puzzled out - time for the passenger side.... or so I thought.

As I started to lay out the brackets, a thought - well, a couple thoughts, occurred to me 1) will it really sell any better with A/C or without? and 2) does the A/C work..... starting with number 2, I first checked for freon (don't try this at home, it's illegal and dangerous).... no freon.... then I tried to turn the pump, it doesn't turn.... so, in addition to selling a lightened 'vette, I'll also have available for separate purchase a complete A/C system that only needs a pump (which would be replaced anyway). Problem solved

so I got on with blowing apart the carb. I think I got the carb with the purchase of the 455, and I know it didn't work - so it needs a rebuild.... then I priced kits.... so the 600 cfm is marginally sufficient for the 350 with the cam/compression/gear ratio; or a rebuilt 750 is rought $100 more than the kit.... so now I wait for UPS... ah well, I'm going to the swap meet so I don't have to wait (as) long.

so I guess the only real question - is which carb you would choose (given that I'm selling the car so function and bling are important)? Holley? AFB? Q-jet?
                              Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; April 10, 2012, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Holley

the genral public will praobly go OMG it has holley it be faster!!! wile most percive the Q-jet as emission junk

Comment

Working...
                                X