X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bingo
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Red, slots or Cragars (centerlines will detract from the price) I think you can get away without the AC in your neck of the woods.

I did my share of work on a '66 roadster that I had in college. They ride like shit.
      I'm still learning

Comment

yep, they do ride like crap. Although, this car has the fiberglass rear spring, and it's supposed to make the car ride and handle better.... sometimes I feel like mythbusters for cars - because I hear this stuff and find out by experience whether it's true or not.

I bought tires to put on some solid centerlines at the swap meet, thought seriously about some new vette wheels, rally wheels, and some wheels that looked like a knockoff of the American salt wheel.... one more day of swap meet, so maybe I'll find something

The rallys were too much, the corvette wheels would probably require spacers, and the salt wheels I couldn't picture looking good....

Comment

Rallys or the later Turbines

Bob, I know you will be sensitive to ride forever now...and that totally sucks. But... I can't see it being any worse than the F350. My Lightning makes most anything else feel like a limousine. I doubt the 'vette is all that bad. lol.

This color scheme / wheel combination always made me dream a little.

Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

I'm just thinking that your target market is a guy in his late 40s or older (guys in that group tend to have the money). It needs to look clean and something he feels comfortable taking his wifey/mistress/? in to dinner. By the way, wifey/mistress/? will hate it so the cleaner it looks and less boy racey, the better.
            I'm still learning

Comment

if you can find these stock wheels i would go for them. should not be too pricey and may even beable to find them in the junk yard. it's what is on my grandpa's 79

Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
              Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

so after the swap meet I have 3 wheel options.
                1) solid centerline wheels
                2) rallys
                3) 17x8, 17x9 Torque thrusts with dark centers

I'm mostly certain it will be number one

why?

I hate them the most - remember what I'm doing with this car

plus, the generation that likes these corvettes (Bob's) like solid centerlines

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                  so after the swap meet I have 3 wheel options.
                  1) solid centerline wheels
                  2) rallys
                  3) 17x8, 17x9 Torque thrusts with dark centers

I'm mostly certain it will be number one

why?

I hate them the most - remember what I'm doing with this car

plus, the generation that likes these corvettes (Bob's) like solid centerlines
                  The generation Bob described is me (except for the money part and the GF hating it), and I hate them on a Corvette. But hey man, do what you gotta do. You never know what the Rogaine Cafe guys will like in Seattle?

I'd probably offer you a thousand less and you can keep the wheels. Can you have the centers machined out?
                  Last edited by Beagle; April 14, 2012, 05:45 AM.

Comment

problem is if he kept the wheels the car would be on it's breaks lol

but i am with you they just do not work on a corvette. heck i think steelies would praobly work better
                    Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
                    Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

On a '75, Rallys.. Rallys... Rallys

Go to Stockton and get some 9" ones for the back and put a 295-50-15

Comment

On a '75, Rallys.. Rallys... Rallys
                        +1

I remember the first time I drove one of these (A red '79 I think, I seem to recall if had rallyes and the chrome luggage rack thingy on the back, wtf was up with that thing anyway?), sitting low with the fenders rising up, not being able to see the nose, and thinking, "I feel like I'm sitting in the V-notch of a rifle sight."

Comment

Rallys.
                          I'm still learning

Comment

remind me again, why would I send away wheels I like?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                              remind me again, why would I send away wheels I like?
                              Because you are trying to sell the car for profit... and we're giving you the opinions, at least in my case, of your target buyer. I'd honestly toss 1,000.00 of "estimated value" in my own book for the wrong wheels, or walk away because it had the wrong "Vibe" ... but that's also why I said do what you gotta do. Solid Centerlines were for Camaro-Birds!

Search by state, driving distance, or just search all of Facebook Marketplace*, craigslist*, eBay and more. The most trusted classifieds search engine. *Not affiliated with Facebook or craigslist.

Search by state, driving distance, or just search all of Facebook Marketplace*, craigslist*, eBay and more. The most trusted classifieds search engine. *Not affiliated with Facebook or craigslist.

trade 15x8 for 15x7 - I may call this guy, I have a set of 15x7's!
                              Last edited by Beagle; April 15, 2012, 07:33 AM.

Comment

What Beags said.

I wouldn't slow down to look at it with Centerlines.
                                I'm still learning

Comment

Working...
                                X