Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bob Holmes View Post
    What Beags said.

I wouldn't slow down to look at it with Centerlines.
    I know the real reason you're hating on the solid centerlines is I won't take a mustang as trade (or a mini for that matter)

There is a way to make them look better, but at this point I just don't care - I still need to make this thing make some noise (I am very close - but now am needed at a church event)...
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

why not put centerlines on the skylark you are selling then put other rims on 'vette?

sense you are selling both i think the skylark can pull of the centerlines better and would not hurt it's sale
      Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
      Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

more engine work, I hate the looking for the nuts and bolts on these projects - they never come with them, so I have to dig in the bolt bucket for the right bolts.... takes forever... ah well, it's better work than doing about a thousand other things

I took a picture of this to remind me how the hoses run for later vette projects - I bet I spent 10 minutes making sure they didn't rub on something or otherwise interfere

Comment

and now the starter won't engage right.... arrrrggghhhh!!!!!!

Comment

I feel the hatred for the bolt and nut search. Drives me crazy and always takes up time that I'd rather use for something else.

I read once that Mark Stielow washes all his loose nuts and bolts in the dishwasher and sorts them while he's sitting on the couch. I also get the sense that he's unmarried. LOL

By the way, MINI left the property under its own power last night...WOOT!!
            I'm still learning

Comment

nice to see a win for you Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Holmes View Post
                I feel the hatred for the bolt and nut search. Drives me crazy and always takes up time that I'd rather use for something else.

I read once that Mark Stielow washes all his loose nuts and bolts in the dishwasher and sorts them while he's sitting on the couch. I also get the sense that he's unmarried. LOL

By the way, MINI left the property under its own power last night...WOOT!!
                For anyone who lives more than 25 minutes away from a hardware store the nut/bolt search is a constant battle.
                I try to sort my spare hardware, as a matter of fact I need to do some of that now. Not fun but when it's done it sure helps other projects move forward.

Congrats on the MINI getting out.

Comment

There are some sizes I just buy in bulk. 1/4-20, 5/16-18, 3/8-16 I try to keep from 1/2" to 2" long, 25 or so... flat washers, lock washers, nuts. I'm thinking about opening a Lawson account. I Detest*HATE* scrounging for bolts and nuts, but still... the magic bolt box has saved my butt more than once!
                  Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Never assume.... how many times do I need to learn that lesson?

So the motor came with starter bolts in their proper location (bonus, eh?)... so I bolted up the starter last night and detailed my frustration with it not working right

today, as I was taking it apart I saw a gap above the starter and thought, hmmmm, normally that bolts up to the block

the starter bolts were too long and bottomed out

d'oh.... works great now.... on to starting this beastie

Comment

• Don't you hate it when it happens, then love it when it's a simple fix? I've had the same thing happen with two different generation starters on a Chevy!

Comment

• And it runs!!!! and sounds good

Comment

• WIN!
                          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• Sweet...and as always, the devil is in the details.

Comment

• One step closer!

I've run into aftermarket bolts that the knurling was a fair amount smaller in diameter than the original stuff, caused problems too. Weird.
                              Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• It was dumb of me to presume, but if I didn't presume some things the car would never be completed. Kind of a catch 22, but still, I should have noticed the starter was moving and hanging lower.... ah well, sometimes I'm a good example, othertimes a warning.

It does sound good, though

Comment

Working...
                                X