No announcement yet.

1975 Plastic fantastic aka Corvette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone who's owned a C3 Corvette knows about the build-in-leak power assist they put on the cars.... as this one looks like it leaks, and the A/C doesn't work.... I've made an excutive decision.... strip the car down and make it a track-day car....

be a shame having to spend all that time at the track dialing it in.
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; April 19, 2012, 08:52 PM.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Uh-oh......do I hear a snowball beginning to form to the extreme West of me?
      Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• you really need the Buick, just sayin

Comment

• We're meeting in Wisconsin, right? I can help you out with that Vette as well, 2 for 1 kinda deal, dig?
          Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Perfect, you can meet at my place, LOL.

Comment

• wow, such help

Comment

• well, waiting for parts (water neck, zip ties for the electric fans).... but I tried on the other wheels I have; but even they rub against the stupid emergency brake cable....

Comment

• so life keeps getting in the way....
                  such as

otherwise, been doing boring stuff like this

although I'm not sure the cleaning of the metering plates cured its problem - won't idle - I'll poke around with it more tomorrow.... right after I buy a new battery for my mower (ug)

Comment

• still working on the "won't idle" problem. solved the carb problems, and some of the running problems - but still won't idle or start warm.... tomorrow a different distributor and plug all the vacuum take-offs.
                    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; May 2, 2012, 09:33 PM.

Comment

• found the leak, fixed it. Idles excellent, stupid egr take-off.... sigh, good thing I don't do this for a living.

Comment

• Great job,

but...video is necessary!!
                        I'm still learning

Comment

• give me a few minutes, I'll have video.

But for now I give you the 4x4 corvette. I'm amazed at how high the front is after I eliminated the A/C, brass (now aluminum) radiator, and PS. Before I start lowering, though, I need to get the hoop in - that's actually in my plans for Sunday...

Comment

• promised video

recap:
                            77ish 4 bolt main 350, stock, rebuilt bottom end. Thumpr Cam. GM Vortec intake. Vortec heads (JEGS). Holley 750 Vacuum secondary carb. 2400 stall converter. Turbo 400.

and what a crappy mic on my camera, it has no bass at all...
                            Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; May 4, 2012, 05:01 PM.

Comment

• lol reminds me of the diplomat when i got rid of the smog pump, a/c, condensor, and lean burn wiring (the wiring was heavier thent he smog pump) had to crank the tortion bars down on it as the frotn was up 4" lol
                              Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
                              Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

• Nicely done!

So the current plan is to race it? Which sanctioning group?
                                I'm still learning

Comment

Working...
                                X