No announcement yet.

1975 Plastic fantastic aka Corvette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCCA - probably production class. I'm not going to get it certified. For racing I'm going to use the GTO.
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; May 5, 2012, 07:27 AM.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Been slacking on the updates - and been distracted getting my camper ready for last weekend. Anyway, finally got some quality time with it tonight - stripped the interior and finished(ish) the motor. I probably should have driven it before I took the seats out to make sure I'm not doing a transmission swap (reverse seems reluctant to work - but could simply be the higher stall converter)...

there would be pictures, but it's MIA after my weekend of playing with SAR, and the various LE folks.

Comment

• The LE folks cabbaged onto your camera? That's just wrong!
        Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• ...and stabbed the back tire of my bike - twice....

other then that, it was fun.
          Got to get my bloodhound in a helicopter, and she now likes nacho cheese chips (one relates to the other).
          Found that people in the country (other than the yahoo who flattened my tire), are pretty nice to people on bikes.
          Got to do crime scene forensics
          Was really irritated that the coffee sucked and they didn't have donuts.... imagine that a LE conference without donuts!!!

Got to see the state of the art in law enforcement - drones (the presenter said don't call them drones ) Coming soon to a highway near you.

Mark my words, those are the next big thing in speeding cameras. Why have cops beside the road with radar when you can simply video, run the plate, then send the ticket in the mail (or an officer to the point-last-seen)...

what was funny, in a sad way, was how the CEO was whoring the drones for search and rescue. They'd be useless. They can only stay aloft for 2 hours, and cannot detect anything in forests. In short, they're a shiny toy. What was funny was listening to a police chief from a major metropolitan area diss them... But, because this shindig was sponsored by Boeing, we got to listen to the "presentation"....

Comment

• How many speeders would a drone have to catch before it paid for itself?

Freakin' big brother...everywhere.
            Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

• Originally posted by mlcraven View Post
              How many speeders would a drone have to catch before it paid for itself?

they don't care - really. I do take comfort in this: the cops..err.. police officers (beside the police chief mentioned before) who I was around at the conference didn't like it either - the last thing they want is a surveillance drone over their house

Comment

• pictures

dash

Comment

• nice - was the car originally white?
                  There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• red, like the visor color. Whoever did the color change, did a good job.

Comment

• not sure if you got wheels yet but i have 4 15x7 FW code corvette rally wheels taking up space in my garage, I also have the center caps, no trim rings thou
                      Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

• thanks, I think I'm going to find late model corvette or camaro wheels.... I have 15x7 on the front and 15x8 on the rear - and the tire hits the e-brake cable... right now it's removed, but at some point I'll have to reattach the ebrake.

Comment

• slowly coming back together

to recap, it runs, moves, stops, turns.... interior should be done soon, then paint then bye bye

Comment

• Pic looks the same to me?
                            http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                            1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                            ​​​​​​

Comment

• old guys repeat themselves kid. hahahaha.

They say that memory is the first thing to go. I forgot what the next thing is.
                              Last edited by Beagle; May 29, 2012, 05:53 AM.
                              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• I have no idea what you're talking about

Are you sure you saw what you think you saw?

Some say, sniffing too much Ford will make you see things
                                Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; May 29, 2012, 06:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X