No announcement yet.

1975 Plastic fantastic aka Corvette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am not sure of anything, I make no guarantees, but I am a betting man, I bet I was seeing double.
    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
    1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
    ​​​​​​

Comment

• *hint* read the bit about ninja editing

Anyway, I drove this thing today - OMG I absolutely hate it when this happens, this car runs awesome. It's a stock bottom end with vortec heads, aluminum intake, thumpr cam, headers, flowmasters.... it can do burnouts for days, and does it at the slightest flicker of the throttle, in any gear, at any speed I was driving - which wasn't terribly fast because it was last registered in 2003 by someone else so getting stopped would require some explaining..... why do I hate this? because it runs too good and I'm now considering keeping it around for a bit.... dagnabit!!!!
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
        *hint* read the bit about ninja editing

because it runs too good and I'm now considering keeping it around for a bit.... dagnabit!!!!
        you say that like its a bad thing....
        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

• Next up, double knit polyester lounge lizard leisure suits, chest hair implants, and gold chains!

Most 'vettes have girls in the picture, but check this dog out:

Did you ever find a set of 8" Rallys ?
          Last edited by Beagle; June 5, 2012, 07:10 AM.
          Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• Beags - that picture is funny to me because on Sunday my wife was trying to get our bloodhound to get into the Corvette and she flat out refused (who said bloodhounds don't have taste?)

nope on the 8" - the rallys from my Buick are on it now, but the tires are too big in the back, small in the front so I'm still searching. I'm honestly considering C4 wheels (either 1st or second types) - I think they'd actually look pretty good and would certainly keep with the low-buck theme of this car.

Comment

• You live right by Monroe, i'm sure they might have "track" days
              They have 2 asphalt tracks..or something. Looking from the stands, the right side might be the same for both ovals..
              Betcha can " open er up" there...

Comment

• I'm sure, however, once I get it licensed/insured/in my name, I'll be less reluctant about bowing a speed limit, and hooning a time or two.

Comment

• So a bit more work

twas a big hole in the dash

with the aid of 2 wiring diagrams, I wired it up

why 2, you may ask? well, I'm glad you asked... apparently someone, somewhere decided they'd rather have the wiper controls on the signal stalk not on the dashboard.... or, according to a Corvette affecionado, the 74-75 Vettes had wiring fire problems (that could be a problem in a plastic freaking car) and this was all that was available. So the dash is 75, the wiring is 77

So the gas gauge, oil pressure, and alt gauge work(ish) (gas gauge is tempermental) - need to run another wire and replace the water temp sender to a two prong sender... but it is progress, it runs, lights come on, light switch works - although there's something screwy - both lights on the driver's side come on on low, both lights on the passenger side come on on high beams... as I said, strange. I need the vacuum switch (emergency override) to see if the lights pop up - if they don't, an electric motor is going to be the fix.

Comment

• well, it's now insured and licensed... driven, even. It does have a ways to go, but now it's driveable so it'll happen faster - especially since the GTO isn't driveable.
                    According to my calculations, I need to lower it at least 3", if not 4"....

pictures

Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; June 22, 2012, 06:44 PM.

Comment

• Looking good SBG, just a little over 3 months and its driving and on the road.

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Dog View Post
                        Looking good SBG, just a little over 3 months and its driving and on the road.
                        Thanks, you have no idea how encouraging those words are.

Comment

• So, more work accomplished... well, half way accomplished

for seat belts, I need a roll bar
                          so, before I permanently install the carpet, it's time to build a roll bar

cut hole to frame

build stands to stay above the brake lines and fuel lines

lay out design

start bending tube

buy new jack

dammit

anyway, I'll carry on tomorrow

Comment

• The coolest part of any build is starting with chalk drawings on the floor.
                            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                              The coolest part of any build is starting with chalk drawings on the floor.
                              suckiest part is when you have to get more tools cause you broke one.... the problem is the jack didn't have a safety port at the top to prevent overjacking....

I swear I should simply write a book giving my experiences with some of these companies - the update today is Eastwood has a 1 year warranty, so it's out of warranty. However, the bad news continues - even if I had been within a year, they wouldn't cover it because I "abused" it..... meaning I need to have a tape measure on the jack to make sure I don't overjack....

Comment

• It's amazing how they can build stuff that is designed to break itself and then call it abuse when it happens. Before you write your book make sure you get your cars finished first, you're doing a great job and I enjoy watching the updates.

Comment

Working...
                                X