No announcement yet.

1975 Plastic fantastic aka Corvette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two hounds must have been offering some unwanted opinions, I see you shut them out in the bottom photo!
    Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

• Originally posted by mlcraven View Post
      Two hounds must have been offering some unwanted opinions, I see you shut them out in the bottom photo!
      I've yet to find a situation where Stella or Buddy provide any helpful advice. Here is the world according to them: if it stinks, eat it; if it runs, chase it; if it's poo, roll in it; if it itches, lick it; and most importantly, after doing any or all of the previous, come lick me in the face when I'm working under the car

They do lead busy lives
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
        if it stinks, eat it; if it runs, chase it; if it's poo, roll in it; if it itches, lick it; and most importantly, come lick me in the face when I'm working under the car.
        The Mountain Cur we just brought home last Sunday has done the ole' eat-something-really-dead-stinky-and-give-me-a-good-slurp-as-soon-as-I'm-trapped deal twice now.

Nasty.
        Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• mine will lick his nuts than decide he wants to love and nuzzle me...WTF? i dont wipe my arse with my hand then pet you.
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

• Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
            mine will lick his nuts than decide he wants to love and nuzzle me...WTF? i dont wipe my arse with my hand then pet you.
            Ah.. But if you did he would certainly take it as a sign that you love him dearly.
            Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
            74 Nova Project
            66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
            79 Chevy Truck Project
            1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

• Shop dog is good. Gonna get me one of those nut-licking, rolling-in-poop, eating-stinky-things patrol units the day after I retire. Doesn't have to be good at anything except barking at donks (or leaving his scent on them if they're stopped).
              Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

• getting them to bark on occasion tends to be problematic for the one with short ears .... he's not a hound, he's a rhodesian ridgeback.... they're used in Africa to hunt lions tough litter f'er

of course, bloodhounds don't bark, they whine, howl, or (my favorite) bay

Comment

• anyone have any idea the minimum distance between a sway bar and a tire? I think the rear sway bar is too close to the tire, but how close is too close? Stiney 2? any thoughts?

Comment

• How much distance do you have?
                    I'm still learning

Comment

• maybe 1" total between both sides (or, another way, 1/2" per side)
                      Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; July 30, 2012, 10:20 PM.

Comment

• I wish I could find that video - I think it was linked from here - it showed how much a racing tire moved around on the rim during a few laps - and it was an eye opener, if that video was typical of how a tire moves around on a rim during hard use, 1/2" is too close, 1" would be a good design window.
                        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• fortunately it's a relatively easy fix. Heat, bend, reattach.

Comment

• Picture? I'm for the 1" clearance also.

Can you remount the swaybar so that it isn't on the same plane as the sidewall?
                            I'm still learning

Comment

• Pictures
                              In the air

Right

Left

On the ground

My thought is to lower the bar 2" (or I should say as much as physically possible) to clear that cross brace because at this point the vertical space the bar moves is outside the frame rail. That space, as you can see, is occupied by tire (it's also a good show of why I notched the control arm.)
                              I'll then bend the bar in to 120* then back 30*. I'll abandon the poly bushing set up and connect directly with heim joints to the side of the spring mount.

Comment

• This isn't the one I was thinking of but gives perspective on a lower profile tire in a road race scenario:

In this movie you can view how tire "work" on wheel under hard cornering. Tires Eagle F1 GSD3, Canon G7 camera, two behringer mics connected to hp notebook f...

Here's another, again not as good as what I was looking for

My Channel : https://www.youtube.com/user/justin250rGoPro setting: Widescreen 720p / 60fpsHonda civic 1992 sir. (RHD)Modification.Motor : (stock) B16a 170 hp...

This is a great example of tire shake during a drag start - totally off topic I realize:

A studie in deformation of dragrace tires in Slowmotion at 300 and 600fps 1/10 and 1/20 of realtime (at Cramonats in Malmoe, Sweden 2010-05-28Camera is a ...
                                There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Working...
                                X