No announcement yet.

1975 Plastic fantastic aka Corvette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice tabs! Wonder what it would cost to ship that sheet?
    Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by STINEY View Post
      Nice tabs! Wonder what it would cost to ship that sheet?
      at least $3.00 each, I'm sure
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• $3 each sheet - awesome, I'll take 10 please.
        Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by STINEY View Post
          $3 each sheet - awesome, I'll take 10 please.
          Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; August 3, 2012, 12:59 PM.

Comment

• it's back on the ground and has been driven
            yahoo

as you can see, there is some assembly left to do

the sway bar doesn't hit - this is a temp job to make sure it's right - if it is, I'll build a UHMW bushing to keep them apart, and probably do heim joints as soon as I have a spare moment.... for some reason I just want to get this thing painted and get back on the Spider. I can do the fiddly things later (stereo, interior finish, etc)

oh, and the temp gauge now works

Comment

• the nose was too high, so I cut another 1/2 coil off and got the car to where I want it

also have plenty of room before the bump stops engage

I finished wiring the fans, and sanded on the car for awhile... and fixed on the diesel... good day, though it was pretty warm for awhile there - 90 degrees

Comment

• After seeing the outdoors shot of the car and thinking about your exhaust issues, I think it only right that you install some good ol fashioned sidepipes. Say it with me everyone... sidepipes, sidepipes, SIDEPIPES!
                Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

• Originally posted by cantvalve16 View Post
                  After seeing the outdoors shot of the car and thinking about your exhaust issues, I think it only right that you install some good ol fashioned sidepipes. Say it with me everyone... sidepipes, sidepipes, SIDEPIPES!

agreed, but Cobra style, not dico style.....4" black tubes would look bad freakin' ass.
                  If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

• rectangular box under the rocker - rectangular exit just in front of rear tire - all black, no burns, just don't high side it - careful of those driveways...
                    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• ....there is a guy on CL who is selling a new set hmmmm
                      Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; August 6, 2012, 07:26 AM.

Comment

• Does he also offer gold chains, toupees, and artificial chest hair? How about first aid kits or scar cream for calf burn?

too easy a target... and I can't count how many girls I know with scars from this or motorcycle pipes. I wouldn't let them ride my junk without long pants, but I missed out on a lot of "stuff" as a result I guess. Hmmmm.

Re: area v. velocity v. shape - This isn't the header exit, it's quite a bit back from there. Hasn't it slowed way the hell down by then?
                        Last edited by Beagle; August 6, 2012, 06:54 PM.
                        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• yes, and cooled (meaning it takes less space).... but don't tell them in the tech section

I got the car back today from alignment - then took it for a..ummm... spirited ride on "my" road - this car is an awful lot of fun
                          As for the pipe/leg singing, my wife has told me in no uncertain terms that she will "not ride in that ugly car".... should I tell her the reason guys like the shape of Corvettes, Camaros, and Mustangs is they are modeled after the shape of a shapely woman?

if anyone needs to take those triangle tabs off the car - 11/16 5 point socket is your friend

time to start the painting process - my goal (ambitious) is paint Sunday.... let's see, sand car, fix fiberglass, pull apart, build paint booth.... oh yeah ambitious

Comment

• What color are you going to paint it? What products do you plan to use? Details, man, we need details?! LOL.

I catch little inklings of the idea that you are building this car for yourself, but are in denial. So are ya... in denial?
                            Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

• same(ish) color - Summit racing paint

Comment

• Jesus, you're like a colony of ants: blink twice, and a shit-ton of work has been done. I've only now just got around to bending the wheelwell away from rubbing the rear tire...
                                Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Working...
                                X