• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
    same(ish) color - Summit racing paint
    did you also use their primer ?

Comment

• if the tension/friction is tight enough it will absorb most of the weight but also allow flex. we use teflon in high temp/high friction areas...
      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

• Originally posted by langleylad View Post
        So are you going to be SuperVetteGuy now ?
        why? I still have my Sedanet

Originally posted by langleylad View Post
        did you also use their primer ?
        yep
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by milner351 View Post
          wow - that was a quick transition to one solid color. Your energy and work ethic are inspiring.

I'll second that!

I don't find any problem with running solid motor mounts... but since you don't like them, how about the poly mounts? Are they a nice compromise offering the best of both choices, or in this case, the worst of both - still allowing movement yet increased vibration?

Comment

• Well now it's been something like 16 hrs since the pic of the 'fantastic in primer... C'mon! it should be sprayed, cured, sanded, buffed and reassembled by now!

Yes, I kid - but I know it won't be long before you show your progress again. Looking forward to it.

Comment

• about the only thing I did was go out with a pencil and circle the points I need to work on..... did I mention I could get a slightly taller cowl induction hood for cheap? .... I don't get how you can have dimples in a fiberglass hood; probably someone took pictures of their chick on the hood (seriously, that's what it looks like - two hands and ass)

Comment

• pictures of 2H&A

I have a cousin who is quite an excellent bodyman in California, and he rants about people putting girls on hoods of car because it dents the hoods - to the point that if someone, who he did body work for, puts a woman on a car; he won't fix it nor will he ever do work for them again....

that dark line, is the fiberglass... can you say "sale on Bondo at Walmart?"

repeat after me, properly aligning panels does NOT include 1/2" inch of bondo

Comment

pictures of 2H&A
                  Wonder what that hood is off of, it doesn't have the "grate" on the back edge of the cowl?

Comment

• it's a repop - it has the place under the hood where you can cut it out. what is kind of odd is the urethane bumper is marked with the chalk marks that belong to this car. If I had a guess, the car had an electrical fire and they replaced all they could with parts from a 77 Corvette. The dash, and gauges are all 77 stuff
                    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; August 10, 2012, 06:45 PM.

Comment

• how would it be her butt and her hands? I'm confused. Maybe it wasn't her hands.
                      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beagle View Post

how would it be her butt and her hands? I'm confused. Maybe it wasn't her hands.
                        pretty sad that you can see muffin top even in the dust

butt and feet, one hand print between the legs and one on the passenger side of the hood
                        Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; August 12, 2012, 09:17 PM.

Comment

• more bodywork... ug
                          ass dents gone

fit and finish is about normal for a mid-70s union-built GM product

back to bondo

better now, certainly not show-quality, but good enough for me
                          Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; August 12, 2012, 09:16 PM.

Comment

You did notice about page 5 or so where I said I was keeping whichever car didn't sell first (the Skylark or the Corvette).... the Skylark is in New York.
                            Ooo, your right. You made yourself a loophole early on. I see what you did there. Wait.. objection. Smacks of premeditation. I call for a mistrial! Sorry, got a little ahead of myself. Uh, I'll just keep reading and post less. LOL.
                            Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

• Originally posted by cantvalve16 View Post
                              Ooo, your right. You made yourself a loophole early on. I see what you did there. Wait.. objection. Smacks of premeditation. I call for a mistrial! Sorry, got a little ahead of myself. Uh, I'll just keep reading and post less. LOL.
                              There's an old lottery commercial where the prize was a new Corvette. So the announcer would end all the statements regarding the benefit of winning the lottery with "...in a Corvette." (e.g. go shopping for groceries, in a Corvette. surf the web, in a Corvette)

so sure, I premediated it and I'm a bad, bad SBG.... in a Corvette
                              Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; August 13, 2012, 10:44 AM.

Comment

• He's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad, he's nationwiiiiiiiiide.
                                There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Working...
                                X