1975 Plastic fantastic aka Corvette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
    wow. You now can get a job as a male stripper now that you have the right car. Haha.
    I'm a lawyer, it's the same thing
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
      Sure looks nice... And garage painted too!
      Too many vettes are autos. Need a good 4 speed manual in there and driven "properly"
      Gonna park the rear end problem car now?
      that car is fixed.... I put another rear diff in it. However, I have a new clutch for it, so I will pull it out of service to do that bit...
      Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; August 16, 2012, 06:18 PM.

Comment

• Very nice job, and quickly done to boot. Makes me want to hound the Dad-in-law to pull his out from the far recesses of his shop.
        Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by STINEY View Post
          Very nice job, and quickly done to boot. Makes me want to hound the Dad-in-law to pull his out from the far recesses of his shop.
          I use shame to motivate my dad to get his cars done.... works quite well, actually

when that doesn't work, I remind him that what he hasn't finished I'll crush when he dies.... (lol, no)

Comment

• Very well done. And quickly too!
            I'm still learning

Comment

• I really appreciate the encouragement, thanks

Comment

• Painted the t-tops

So the t-tops. nope, not painting them body color - I'm seriously considering carbon wrap on them, but for now, I'll paint them flat black
                First take them apart

so I knocked the chrome strip off, it does have a bit of a lip on the front; and I could fill it - but I won't
                I'll also leave the liner out of the inside unless it's so noisy I can't stand it..... but seriously I bet those things weigh 10 lbs each (the liner).... so taking the weight out makes removal easier, stowage easier, and gives more head room (something I can use when I have a helmet on).

Comment

• Nice touch with the tops.
                  1997 Ranger 5.0L HO, GT40 heads/tubular intake, 65mm TB, 1.7rr, B303, Tri-Y headers, dual 2.5" exhaust, Flowmaster mufflers, T5 trans, Tri-Ax shifter, CenterForce Dual Friction clutch, 8.8 Traction Lok 3.55 gears, Cobra 13" front brakes, Cobra 11.65" rear discs.
                  1997 Mustang GT
                  sigpic

Comment

• Personally , I'd go with the flat black over carbon wrap . If you had stuck with those huge wheels you started with then " maybe " carbon wrap might go with the feel of this vette . Your sidepipes , will they be flat black or chrome ? .

Comment

• side pipes are a darker grey - the color is called titanium, but it's without the bronze coloring. Just a hair darker then the wheels (of course, I pick them up Monday - so until then, this is speculation)
                      Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; August 18, 2012, 09:05 AM.

Comment

• Congrats on your excellent progress and great work...I too like what you've done with the t-tops. I'm sure we're all keen to see the first track day Go Pro vid. By the looks of things that day isn't too far in the future?
                        Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

• I dunno. I think I have about 30 days more work on it, and up here, I may not get another sunny day/track open day before it shuts down.

Screwing it together is the easy part (IMO), tuning it, detailing it, finishing all the little details seems to take me more time. example: I drove it on Thursday to work, had to buy a new battery, then readjust the rear leaf spring because it had settled from where I originally set it (talk about pucker moments, when it was an inch lower, the rear wheels had a -3* camber)

add to all of these problems, and I have to fix my trailer (new axles) before I haul more stuff on it (like a car to the track).
                          Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; August 18, 2012, 09:31 PM.

Comment

• my exciting day
                            put t-tops together

this

+
                            this

=
                            this

and yes, there will be a few touchups when I jam the car.

with that said
                            someone asked me what I thought of the paint. I think the color on my screen from Summit is different then the color I have on my car.... it's too light. Also, it has a lot of orange peel

this is the color it is supposed to be
                            Free Shipping - Summit Racing Equipment® Acrylic Urethane Paint with qualifying orders of $109. Shop Paint at Summit Racing.

Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; August 19, 2012, 08:40 PM.

Comment

• Did you have much paint left over ?

Comment

• Ouch on the burn through. Bet that got you thinking about all the "why don't you..."

Don't lose heart. Press on. It's lookin' good and gets better all the time.
                                Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

Working...
                                X