No announcement yet.

1975 Plastic fantastic aka Corvette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no, not a burn through, twas a brain fart.... I had the car in the back yard when I washed the 1st and 2nd layer of sanding crap off.... when I pull into the shop, I need to make a left. I was too busying telling my big-dumb-blond (my yellow lab) to move, was in a hurry because relatives were here and waiting to go out to eat, and not paying attention to the lift

it's not that huge of deal, I have to jam the car and repaint a couple spots (okay, maybe a dozen spots).... so this just adds to the list.

what is a question, however, is this: do I fix the one last dent that isn't perfect in the hood? as I alluded to in my "why don't you just..." thread, one of those just'ers saw the dent in the hood and gave me no end of grief about it (mind you, this guy can't change the tires on his Audi without help).... so I'm seriously considering fixing that dent just to mess with his mind (I told him I could color sand it out ) yeah, I'm a begger - but I sleep well
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; August 19, 2012, 09:50 PM.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Doh!!
      I'm still learning

Comment

• I dont understand the dislike of these cars, I've always loved them and I dont have hair one on my chest nor do I own gold chains.

The side pipes will look so bad ass, cant wait to see them installed.

and...fix the damn dent...if you dont it will eat at you...do it now..or else youre gonna end up doing it later.

the color you posted and the color I see o nthe car look pretty darn close IMO...

I go away for a week and come back and its all one color...I envy folks like you...hard to come by any "givashit" in these parts.
        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

• You weren't kidding about putting the lift in the wrong spot. Didn't the Skylark tag it too?
          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
            I dont understand the dislike of these cars, I've always loved them and I dont have hair one on my chest nor do I own gold chains.
            I've owned one of these cars, so I feel some freedom in giving him shit.
            I'm still learning

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Holmes View Post
              I've owned one of these cars, so I feel some freedom in giving him shit.
              Can't hear you, Bob, over the sound of my car running

Comment

• Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
                You weren't kidding about putting the lift in the wrong spot. Didn't the Skylark tag it too?
                no, that was from sliding into a concrete wall... I know, I have a hard time (too) keeping track of what I ran into and when.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                  Ouch. Dad-gum-it!!
                  I'm still learning

Comment

Zing!

and my mistake.
                    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
                      Zing!
                      "Et tu?"
                      Last edited by Bob Holmes; August 20, 2012, 08:31 PM.
                      I'm still learning

Comment

• Poor Bob, if only he had a car, then he'd show those bullies!!!!

anyway, in the absence of that ever happening...

doors are jammed

bump is repainted.

Comment

• Much of the hate for this era was how slow these cars were. The smog laws turned them into turds. They were still the fastest cars made in america in the '70's, but pickups were faster. Getting beaten by a farm truck kinda knocked it's image down a bit.
                          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• yes, but 1975 means no smog - and this thing is anything but slow

and it's light

and it's easy to make do 1g corners

and it's cheap

and it has t-tops
                            Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; August 20, 2012, 10:47 PM.

Comment

• OK - I thought you jammed the car first, then painted the body- I'm sure you have a great reason for doing it in the reverse order.... that would be ???

Did you fix the dent in the hood?
                              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

yes, but 1975 means no smog - and this thing is anything but slow

and it's light

and it's easy to make do 1g corners

and it's cheap

and it has t-tops
                                EGR valve, PCV Valve, A.I.R. Pump, thermostatic air cleaner, recalibrated carb. Plenty of things to suck HP.
                                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X