1975 Plastic fantastic aka Corvette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by milner351 View Post
    OK - I thought you jammed the car first, then painted the body- I'm sure you have a great reason for doing it in the reverse order.... that would be ???

Did you fix the dent in the hood?
    yep, I had a case of the didntwannaitis.... can be terminal, but with a proper attitude and rest the symptoms can be alleviated (in both cases). seriously though, when you have to tape up the interior, it doesn't matter if you do inside or outside first. In my case, I'm a crappy painter so having to prep and paint again meant I could fix the most egregious of my painting sins without too much trouble.

I also have a plan for the hood that may include a cowl, and air intakes about where two turbos would sit

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
    EGR valve, PCV Valve, A.I.R. Pump, thermostatic air cleaner, recalibrated carb. Plenty of things to suck HP.
    wtf are those?

you may have sun, and nice temps - but we don't have the sniff police
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; August 21, 2012, 06:42 AM.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
      EGR valve, PCV Valve, A.I.R. Pump, thermostatic air cleaner, recalibrated carb. Plenty of things to suck HP.
      Also very low compression, weak suck cam, and heads that didnt flow so great, all blowing through the pellet style single cat is what hurt engines in the mid 70s.

There is one of these disco Vettes near here, would be fun to swap in a stroked 6.0L with L92 heads then go scare some ZR1s.

Comment

• dollar per hp just doesn't add up. smog 350 bottom end with vortec heads, aluminum intake, holley carb, headers is all you need to scare old ladies in their ZR1s

Comment

• I just really like the LS engines. Power + economy = I WANT THEM.

Comment

• I had a friend that had one of these vettes in the late 90's he rebuilt the engine, I know he put in an aftermarket cam and put higher compression pistons and dual exaust. It was one of the faster cars around. It was fun as hell to ride in it would lightly spin for about 10' then sh*t and get! It was ugly as sin, had been wrecked, kinda fixed then parker under an apple tree for a while, before he got it.
            http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
            1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
            ​​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by Thumpin455 View Post
              I just really like the LS engines. Power + economy = I WANT THEM.
              I'm not in love with the LS because I think the SBC is more efficient - thus better economy. But that may have more to do with the package (the GTO) then the motor.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell View Post
                I had a friend that had one of these vettes in the late 90's he rebuilt the engine, I know he put in an aftermarket cam and put higher compression pistons and dual exaust. It was one of the faster cars around. It was fun as hell to ride in it would lightly spin for about 10' then sh*t and get! It was ugly as sin, had been wrecked, kinda fixed then parker under an apple tree for a while, before he got it.
                it's breathtakingly simple what I did to this car. Vortec heads on the stock bottom end, 2400 stall converter and this thing scoots.

and I hope the collectors continue to hate them - they're cheap, handle well, are easy to make handle very well, light, and can handle any motor.... in short, everything a hoon car should have. I even like the lack of respect because it makes my winning that much harder to swallow for the losers
                Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; August 21, 2012, 03:07 PM.

Comment

• As we know, the 70s were a swinging good time (reputedly, I was in grade school and it was anything but); so I've put protection on the Corvette in the form of rubbers

and my now ceramic coated headers are back

I say, it's about time to disturb the peace

Comment

• People never used rubbers in the '70's.
                    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• I hope you know a good lawyer !

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                        I'm not in love with the LS because I think the SBC is more efficient - thus better economy. But that may have more to do with the package (the GTO) then the motor.
                        On what planet is a Vortec headed Gen 1 SBC more efficient than an LS? But its your ride, build as you see fit and no you won't be scaring any ZR-1 owners unless they think your going to try and out brake them into a corner.
                        Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

• Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
                          On what planet is a Vortec headed Gen 1 SBC more efficient than an LS?
                          When you put a carb on a LS.
                          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
                            On what planet is a Vortec headed Gen 1 SBC more efficient than an LS? But its your ride, build as you see fit and no you won't be scaring any ZR-1 owners unless they think your going to try and out brake them into a corner.

I drive an LS powered car every day (2006 GTO, 6 speed - you know, the one that had a gas guzzler tax?). 15 city, 18 highway is crap.... I don't care what planet you're on

and while I'm at it. Build an LS motor, add up your receipts; build a vortec headed 350, add up those receipts.... and on that planet too, you'll find that the extra 3-5k it costs to build and install an LS (and I am being nice to suggest it'd cost that little) in a 75 Corvette is not the difference in mileage cost....

and as you missed it - the quip about a ZR1 was a joke....
                            Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; August 21, 2012, 10:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by langleylad View Post
                              I hope you know a good lawyer !
                              no such thing

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                                ]

and my now ceramic coated headers are back

I say, it's about time to disturb the peace

and why are they not installed yet? WTF slacker!
                                If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Working...
                                X