No announcement yet.

1975 Plastic fantastic aka Corvette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is a procedure to go through on the GM TPI cars to extend the pintle on the IAC fully and then set the base idle by the throttle blades. I went through it, along with several other things, when I was trying to cure the high idle/slow return to idle problem I had before I figured out that the throttle return spring was worn out.

Comment

• it's 20 degrees, and paint is coming out in spurts.... oh yeah, and I won't get more firewood until tomorrow night

anyway, so I painted a new part in front of the heater

Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; January 2, 2013, 10:55 PM.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Desperate times.... I've been doing the same thing in the garage finishing cabinets and sanding / buffing used corian sink top we got cheap.... in front of the heater!
        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• I've got an electric coffee cup heater that I use to heat up the aerosol cans when its cold. Makes the paint flow a lot better.
          I'm still learning

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Holmes View Post
            I've got an electric coffee cup heater that I use to heat up the aerosol cans when its cold. Makes the paint flow a lot better.
            not a bad idea at all.... I have several extra coffee makers- I have a well, and a manganese issue - so everything gets a good coating of white after awhile... thanks bob
            Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; January 3, 2013, 12:19 PM.

Comment

• You mean warming up spray cans with the propane torch is a bad idea?

LOL
              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                You mean warming up spray cans with the propane torch is a bad idea?

LOL
                Yeah...just wait till you hear sizzle...then...back the heat off a little...not too much...

LOL
                Patrick & Tammy
                - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• I not also warm up spray can but will take hair dryer (don't tell wife)
                  to warm up the item I'm painting.
                  Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

• I had a nearly full can of PB Blaster that refused to work in our low 30 degree weather, yesterday. A little warm up and things worked nice.

You just have to remember to stick it on the little heater and then walk away for a while.
                    I'm still learning

Comment

• Let the can sit in a pan of hot water... Turn the burner OFF...Or straight from the tap.. It'll warm up.. Might need to shake it now and then.. I would throw a 1/4" plate over a old hot water heater i used for a burn barrel/ outdoors heater (chunks of pallets for fuel) , then put an old pan on it full of water, when hot, remove from heat, stick can of paint in it..water also makes washing greasy hands outside comfy.

Comment

• console setting in place

Comment

• Looks like Spiderman left a glove in your passenger seat. ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by yellomalibu View Post
                            Looks like Spiderman left a glove in your passenger seat. ;-)
                            oops, looks like my secret is out.... dagnabit!

Comment

• it was one of those "a billion little things, but nothing to show for it".... if you don't count the hole in my yard from playing with my skidsteer

anyway, looks like going backwards, but it's actually forwards

the wire is a more organized mess

and I got the other differential on the stand and verified what I need to do to it to make it operational

Comment

• worked on the Corvette tonight
                                Bubba was busy on my car. Okay, the Corvette is a 75 with a whole bunch of 77 bits on it - and for the most part, it looked relatively solid.... but lurking underneath were these wires

I was working on the motor and caught the glimpse of a spark near the fuse box.... further investigation noted these wires wrapped together (they're wires for the alarm) that were twisted together. Then I spotted a black wire, no worries I think, but closer inspection noted a fuse on it then an orange wire going into a large block of red wires.....

my car is now 3 oz lighter, and 3 bubbaectomies better.

Also
                                I love the FAST system, however, I don't love the fuel lines go straight out of the throttle body - fixed that tonight as well

and in my fixes I also pulled the plugs (dang it's running rich), and reset the gap.... I really need to pay closer attention to what I'm doing - two plugs were gapped at .060, when those were closed back up the miss went away....

Comment

Working...
                                X