Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• back to interior work
    77 control on the right, 75 on the left

not going to use either - but now I need to come up with a simple control to turn on the heat and turn on the fan (blow on the windshield and the floor)

back to making it all fit together....

I swear I should simply build a center stack, it'd make this process so much easier... with that said, you may see me welding aluminum again very soon.... the down side is I have all the gauges necessary except a fuel gauge - which is what's keeping me from just "doing" it.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• And, here all the makers of fancy, high voltage HEI's all say that you should gap your plugs around .060. Funny, I haven't found anyone who actually had good results doing it.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Yeah, the next door neighbor thing wouldn't work out for me...your way to motivated! Lookin good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
          And, here all the makers of fancy, high voltage HEI's all say that you should gap your plugs around .060. Funny, I haven't found anyone who actually had good results doing it.
          .060!!! Noooo! Never worked for me.. Drivers get .045... Derby cars get .035..
          Should I go .040? In the derby cars? .. They sometimes get flooded..

Comment

• pictures of the suspension now

the soon to be installed trailing arm side bracket

or maybe this way

as you can see, they're pretty stout

so here's my other diff, you can see how much the 'arm' moves with these pictures (and the clip that holds it all together)

I'll repeat this thread on my plastic thread - the point of this thread is to get input into the idea of simply removing the clip and installing an upper control rod

Comment

• good news/bad news

Good news is the existing rear differential side yokes are better than the replacement... bad news is it's obviously the TA bushings - a PITA to get out

2.73 (new) differential

3.08 (old) differential

starting removing the trailing arms... ug

Comment

• an enjoyable evening was spent fighting one bolt - and it's only half way off

shims hold it in place

First step is to remove the shims and cut the bolt

half the shims are gone

and that's all for tonight
                Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; January 14, 2013, 10:02 PM.

Comment

• Without a word of a lie , I easily spent 6-8 hours removing a leaf spring bolt in my Cougar .

Comment

• No one ever said this hobby didn't require patience.

Corvette = flame wrench NOT a good idea.
                    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                      No one ever said this hobby didn't require patience.

Corvette = flame wrench NOT a good idea.
                      Plastic burns? who knew?

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                        Plastic burns? who knew?
                        It ain't easy to put OUT!

Comment

• It'd be easier if we all drove new cars with new bolts! But what fun would that be, and what would we do with all our spare time?
                          Last edited by 1946Austin; January 16, 2013, 07:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1946Austin View Post
                            It'd be easier if we all drove new cars with new bolts! But what fun would that be, and what would we do with all our spare time?
                            vacations, time with family, hanging out with friends, doing good for the community - you know, frivolous things

Comment

• I like cars, they don't require lip reading, hidden induendos, or agendas ( sometimes they do.but that's neither here nor now)
                              Nor do they have funny signs I never seen before..
                              They don't talk back unless I push them too hard.. I've pushed plenty hard too..
                              I hate being all contorted in a car... Under a dash, under the car or something and somebody (usually wifey) kicks my foot to say something.. The car itself NEVER does that

Comment

• I had a saying in HS when I was dating a gorgeous girl that turned out to be batsh!t crazy....

I always know where my car is on a friday night, and every time I crawl under it - it screws me!
                                There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Working...
                                X