No announcement yet.

1975 Plastic fantastic aka Corvette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those axle stubs may well be WHY the car acted "funny" when you were "playing"...
    Might be an out of round race point that made the race wavy? installed unseated?
    As for rusty looking parts.. Bad seal or some how condensation built up? Got vents? Plugged?
    Weird one side needing help while the other just jumped apart..

Comment

• Just food for thought.

My 99 Ram hada bad axle seal on the passenger side front. When I rebuilt the front end I replaced both front wheel bearings. The axle I pulled form the drivers side was fine, the one from the passenger side looked like that stub you pulled out. With the pass side being the bad side, it donned on me that the water on the streets pools to that side...enuff water gets in...and you end up with what I had...
      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
        Those axle stubs may well be WHY the car acted "funny" when you were "playing"...
        Might be an out of round race point that made the race wavy? installed unseated?
        As for rusty looking parts.. Bad seal or some how condensation built up? Got vents? Plugged?
        Weird one side needing help while the other just jumped apart..
        I'm sure the seal is bad, because even submerged that axle shouldn't get water in it - there's no vent.
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
          Just food for thought.

My 99 Ram hada bad axle seal on the passenger side front. When I rebuilt the front end I replaced both front wheel bearings. The axle I pulled form the drivers side was fine, the one from the passenger side looked like that stub you pulled out. With the pass side being the bad side, it donned on me that the water on the streets pools to that side...enuff water gets in...and you end up with what I had...
          there's the really odd thing - it's the left side that twisted... and water can't get into the housing - it's sealed on both sides with no vent.

Comment

• "Factory-installed" moisture.......... its the only logical explanation.........
            Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by STINEY View Post
              "Factory-installed" moisture.......... its the only logical explanation.........
              Is that on the option sheet?

Man, I sure am glad that someone suggested that you fix the mechanical problems...that guy sure was smart...
              I'm still learning

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                and I'm going to say it again... damn, Bob, you're an expensive friend
                I must have missed it what did he tell you to do?
                http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                ​​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Holmes View Post
                  Is that on the option sheet?

Man, I sure am glad that someone suggested that you fix the mechanical problems...that guy sure was smart...
                  He is a smart feller, heck of a nice guy too - which gives rise to a pretty serious concern. His efforts for track safety, and longevity have been focused on saving a middle-aged lawyer in a Corvette. Seriously, the guy who warned Hitler will burn for less time in hell than that guy for that kind of evil

Originally posted by Russell View Post
                  I must have missed it what did he tell you to do?
                  He told me to check everything and make it safe; even the stuff that seemed fine. That advice has been pretty expensive because there's nothing on the car (beside removing the frame from the body) that hasn't been removed and refurbished.

But here... let me make Mr. Bob feel better.... you were right.... thanks

Comment

• If you fear what you may find.. Leave it alone.... You may or may not end up in the hospital..
                    Considering what you found...a hospital is a good possibility with the driving you seem to do..

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                      If you fear what you may find.. Leave it alone.... You may or may not end up in the hospital..
                      Considering what you found...a hospital is a good possibility with the driving you seem to do..
                      my driving is being critiqued by a demo derby driver?!!!

Comment

my driving is being critiqued by a demo derby driver?!!!
                        Hell no! I'm saying you more than likely drive like ME!

Posted curve: 30 mph... You go 30? With a Corvette?
                        I think NOT. I think you hit it at 40 on an easy day and 60 on an average day..

Comment

• That's only on his bicycle......apparently automotive driving is safer? Who knew?
                          Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• hmm... we have talked about the old lady I ran over with my last Hummer, right?

Comment

hmm... we have talked about the old lady I ran over with my last Hummer, right?
                              Nope, dope....spill!

Comment

He is a smart feller, heck of a nice guy too - which gives rise to a pretty serious concern. His efforts for track safety, and longevity have been focused on saving a middle-aged lawyer in a Corvette. Seriously, the guy who warned Hitler will burn for less time in hell than that guy for that kind of evil

He told me to check everything and make it safe; even the stuff that seemed fine. That advice has been pretty expensive because there's nothing on the car (beside removing the frame from the body) that hasn't been removed and refurbished.

But here... let me make Mr. Bob feel better.... you were right.... thanks
                                I am but a simple country gent, but I think buried in this bit by the big city lawyer is a suggestion that I go to hell... ;)
                                I'm still learning

Comment

Working...
                                X