1975 Plastic fantastic aka Corvette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by milner351 View Post
    Greg Smith and I'm sure other sell the "glider pads" to set the wheels on, can't recall what they cost.

More reason for me to get a drive on hoist for the new shop.... I hadn't thought of... hmmmm
    $200-$500 depending on features.

my issue isn't so much glider pads, it's being able to actually work on the car - it's pretty low
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• I was assuming you already had the 4 post drive on lift on the way - what's the hold up?
      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I was assuming you already had the 4 post drive on lift on the way - what's the hold up?
        the voice of reason aka my wife (she is reluctant to agree that I need another shop to house the 4 post lift).... now, if I were like some guys, I'd simply buy another house with another garage that isn't quite perfect - but that's not me

Comment

• INDEED! for now I have a 30x40x10, and a 30x50x12 - and you know what ? Neither one is big enough!

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
            the voice of reason aka my wife (she is reluctant to agree that I need another shop to house the 4 post lift).... now, if I were like some guys, I'd simply buy another house with another garage that isn't quite perfect - but that's not me
            Ouch, and for once its not my ouch.

Cheap slider plates = some thin metal squares with oil in between. In a pinch...old magazine pages.
            I'm still learning

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Holmes View Post
              Ouch, and for once its not my ouch.

Cheap slider plates = some thin metal squares with oil in between. In a pinch...old magazine pages.
              again, the problem is not the slider plates, but the 210# meat sack that has to slide underneath the car to do the adjustments

anyway, despite the grief I've been getting, I did manage to get it pretty close to done (literally, one bolt away - one bolt that I have to purchase)

true ARP bolts for lug bolts

I'll be so not stylish - but I so don't care, I've never seen a person stylishly slide into a wall after losing their tire... but then again, I hang out at the wrong places (churches, courts, etc)

and it looks pretty much exactly like it looked before

Comment

INDEED! for now I have a 30x40x10, and a 30x50x12 - and you know what ? Neither one is big enough!
                You know, John, it really sux to be you

Comment

• Other than the clamp hitting the ground as you're driving around, it looks great.

I'm just ignoring John...
                  I'm still learning

Comment

• It's just a darned shame that we can't all take some time off to hang out with Bob and get the full education on home alignment.

Suspension tuning and geometry is one of the areas on a vehicle I've not delved much into, I'd like to learn.

I like the flat center caps - did you make those?

Comment

Other than the clamp hitting the ground as you're driving around, it looks great.

I'm just ignoring John...
                      OMG!!!!! that would hit the ground?

I better fix that in a hurry - thanks Bob!!!!.... whew, dodged a bullet there

Comment

It's just a darned shame that we can't all take some time off to hang out with Bob and get the full education on home alignment.

Suspension tuning and geometry is one of the areas on a vehicle I've not delved much into, I'd like to learn.

I like the flat center caps - did you make those?
                        yep, and I have extras

Comment

• I didn't know if it was a Guldstrand suspension performance part or ...

I'm a pretty open minded guy. Learn something new everyday.
                          I'm still learning

Comment

I didn't know if it was a Guldstrand suspension performance part or ...

I'm a pretty open minded guy. Learn something new everyday.
                            those clamps are unobtainium..... I stole them from my wife - Guldstrand and Greenwood only wish they had stuff that nice

Comment

• it's on the ground, on its own wheels

Comment

• I'm still learning

Comment

Working...
                                X