Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alignment

replacing bumpstops

now to finish the interior and get the last little bits on the outside (aluminum strips)

I can safely say I won't need a radio as I already have stereo .... it is a bit loud for the geriatric and tree hugging types
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; February 10, 2013, 08:24 PM.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Very nice.

I'm still learning

Comment

• so bob, now that the rear suspension actually can move (with the bonus of in predictable directions) - will it need its sway bar back?

Comment

• If it pushes in the corners, put the bar back on it.

What were your alignment specs on the back end?
          Last edited by Bob Holmes; February 10, 2013, 11:06 PM.
          I'm still learning

Comment

• Is that a single huge tree visible thru the open shop door! Maybe its a rock hard to tell.
            Nice project...

Dwayne

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Holmes View Post
              If it pushes in the corners, put the bar back on it.

What were your alignment specs on the back end?
              1/8" toe, .5* neg camber
              Originally posted by 53 Studillac View Post
              Is that a single huge tree visible thru the open shop door! Maybe its a rock hard to tell.
              Nice project...

Dwayne
              yep, we have some pretty large trees, all our trees are 2nd growth - it was logged about 100 years ago... so while the trees now have bases in the 6-8 foot diameter, they're growing out of stumps in the 10-14 foot diameter

Comment

• I assume that's toe-in. Toe-out is bad.

Have you taken it for a drive? I'm very interested in the results.
                I'm still learning

Comment

• Me too... I'm betting you're going to want the bar back in.

Nice use of the car dollies.
                  There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                    1/8" toe, .5* neg camber

yep, we have some pretty large trees, all our trees are 2nd growth - it was logged about 100 years ago... so while the trees now have bases in the 6-8 foot diameter, they're growing out of stumps in the 10-14 foot diameter
                    Here in OR anything over 36" across is considered "old growth" and needs special permits to fall..
                    I had one that had a broken top, fell it... Neighbors thought I cut down a tree on my cemetary..(they think it belongs to the county)
                    County charged me stumpage, forestry service said I have to pay a fine, judge said no as I cut on my property and it was not logged, aparantly cutting old growth for firewood is ok but not to log...

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Holmes View Post
                      I assume that's toe-in. Toe-out is bad.

Have you taken it for a drive? I'm very interested in the results.
                      you are correct.... As for the test drive, I'm waiting for the dove to come back (cryptic reference to Noah, of Biblical fame)

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                        you are correct.... As for the test drive, I'm waiting for the dove to come back (cryptic reference to Noah, of Biblical fame)
                        Just over inflate the tires so that they'll float easier.

Comment

• then I asked myself, do I care if it's raining?

then I drove it

here's my entire review

Comment

• I guess that means the death wobble is gone. Congrats!

Comment

• Excellent.
                              I'm still learning

Comment

• Originally posted by hauen View Post
                                I guess that means the death wobble is gone. Congrats!
                                it does, but it may make for nervous passengers as I can carry a LOT more speed into corners in short, I traded a death wobble for knocking knees (seems like a good trade IMO)

and let me say this .... this car is loud, fast, manual everything and obnoxious - I nailed it
                                Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; February 11, 2013, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X