1975 Plastic fantastic aka Corvette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by milner351 View Post
    sorry to continue to derail - but - I have an issue with my truck - for some reason when hooking up a trailer for the first time, it will blow a fuse in the underhood panel - minifuse. put in a new fuse with the trailer hooked up - lights work like a charm from that moment forward.

could I install a circuit breaker in place of that fuse as an easy work around to stop having to replace that fuse? Yea - I could probably track down the route of the problem - but this truck is 21 feet long and there's ALOT of wiring.
    I had the same problem with my 83 - it was a missing ground that was causing the problem but I spent quality time diagnosing it; and didn't find it until I went wheeling and came back with no tail lights (a bit hair-raising... black truck, pitch black night, fortunately I'm a bit persnickity about license plate lights working - otherwise they'd have been no lights on the back). The problem was it would not ground at rest, then ground through the trailer ball while you were moving..... another one that could have ended badly for me (read about all of that night on Rescue rig - that's the night I burned a hole in the exhaust manifold with a heavy gauge wire).
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• I've seen a couple Vettes that caught fire mysteriously while parked. Buddy of mine has a setup on his '66 to completely disconnect the battery-not sure what it is but it looks like some kind of connector for welding cables. There's plenty of ways to do it. When his car goes in the garage, the battery gets disconnected completely-both sides. Vettes aren't British, but they're a little weird when it comes to grounding.

Comment

• This is the type of Circuit Breaker I'm talking about.

Click image for larger version

Name:	th.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	10.4 KB
ID:	867525
        I'm still learning

Comment

• this is the kind that burned me

Comment

• Glad we clarified that.
            I'm still learning

Comment

• I just have to say it again... this car is awesome at putting stupid grins on mine and other faces

Comment

• Pretty cool, isn't it!?

There is something about a tastefully hotted up Vette that draws people.
                I'm still learning

Comment

• what surprises me is the cross section of people who like it. Especially given it's very loud nature - granted, I also am all about letting other people drive it, so I'm sure that helps with the free-flowing love.... still.

today, it was a friend who has a really fast, brand new boss mustang - You'd think he'd be able to maintain the air of nonchalance.... nope, he was grinning like a kid who just saw his first playboy magazine

so I fixed a bunch of stuff... and have one picture
                  window crank

I also got the sway bar in the car

Comment

• Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                    sorry to continue to derail - but - I have an issue with my truck - for some reason when hooking up a trailer for the first time, it will blow a fuse in the underhood panel - minifuse. put in a new fuse with the trailer hooked up - lights work like a charm from that moment forward.

could I install a circuit breaker in place of that fuse as an easy work around to stop having to replace that fuse? Yea - I could probably track down the route of the problem - but this truck is 21 feet long and there's ALOT of wiring.
                    My brother had the same issue with his fairly new Chevy diesel truck. Never blew a fuse until he hooked up his trailer, and then it blew pretty soon after he started driving. Found out that Chevy has a separate harness for the trailer plug vs. the vehicle harness, and the harness is shoved up between the bed and the cab doubled over. We cut the ties on it, and pulled the harness down. That's when I saw a rub spot on the outter wrap, and a bare spot. Opened it up and taped up the bare spot good, then the whole harness, and tied it down below the body inside the frame. End of problem.

Comment

• new top

it's an Astro top (it's plastic like the car).... doesn't fit that well, terrible customer service, took almost a month to get (was supposed to be in stock, blem), but I do like its looks and once I knocked out the teflon shims from the windshield, it fit.

Comment

• ugh

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                          ugh
                          Why so?
                          Being reeeal nice down here... Warm! You should be driving the Vette....

Gonna be at SLAMFEST during Spring Fair in Puyallup on the 21st of April. (at least that's the plan!)

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                            Why so?
                            Being reeeal nice down here... Warm! You should be driving the Vette....

Gonna be at SLAMFEST during Spring Fair in Puyallup on the 21st of April. (at least that's the plan!)
                            I was driving the 'vette... even have video of it.... right up until the point I wasn't driving the 'vette (I had to go retrieve it with a trailer).... something spark/fuel issue.

The "ugh" comes from having to push the thing a couple hundred yards to get it off the road.

I'm not going to be here (at least this is the plan) on the 21st... dang it.
                            Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; March 26, 2013, 05:30 AM.

Comment

• Daaang!
                              Last year it was SAR.
                              we will meet up one of these days

Comment

• Bummer.

If it was a Ford, I'd say it was a TFI. But, you chose a Chevy...
                                I'm still learning

Comment

Working...
                                X