• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
    Daaang!
    Last year it was SAR.
    we will meet up one of these days
    this year is SAR too - it's quite a time-consuming activity...
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Holmes View Post
      Bummer.

If it was a Ford, I'd say it was a TFI. But, you chose a Chevy...
      it's not chevy, it's FAST... my gut instinct says there's a ground somewhere that just isn't doing its job.... more specifically, when I was playing with it I ran into a problem I had once before - the computer loses power when the ignition is in the start position. I really don't want to rewire the car...

in addition, the Summit paint is flaking off..... sigh, especially on the flexible bits on the car... add to the list, strip paint off the bumpers and repaint.... oh well, at least that will fix a run.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
        in addition, the Summit paint is flaking off.....
        BOO!!
        Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Must be the season. My car is giving me fits too. Then the small stuff to mock me on top of the big stuff. Like two days ago the parking brake cable broke, then the light bulb in the dome light has either burned out or fell out of the socket (I hope it's one or the other...) then this morning the head light switch has come loose and the threads that hold it into place may be stripped or the trim ring thing broke. I hope I don't have to resort to pushing though! I have a 1200 mile road trip to take it on starting Friday....
          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• I broke my Stang out the other day with an expired plate and the battery took a shit right in front of the cop shop, go figure...

Comment

• On the other hand, the van is working just fine...LOL
              I'm still learning

Comment

• That's why they call you Holmes, holmes...back at you!

Comment

• Now that I think about it...Forget the back at you part....lol

Comment

On the other hand, the van is working just fine...LOL
                    You just won the special olympics with that van!
                    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• I'll know after talking to FAST tomorrow, but I think the computer is dead. All the bits that should have power, do; all the sensors are working... what isn't working is the tach (which relies upon the computer). My tach, on the dash works fine; but not the tach through the fast computer. They both come from the same input. Yesterday, when I was driving, I noticed that the tachometers didn't agree.... boo

Comment

• Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post

I'm still learning

Comment

• So you say that your sensors are fine...what's feeding the computer the crank trigger information?
                          I'm still learning

Comment

• Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
                            The special olympics was down at the lake today (spring break). I stopped at the pizza joint (because the radio told me to) and I'm outside chowing down when this dude and his girlfriend start wrestling each other to the ground right in front of me on the grass. Now I must say, this chick was was looking good in that bikini, she had an ass like you wouldn't believe... anyway, I started thinking, should I offer to record this for them or just finish my pizza? Unfortunately for you I decided to finish my pizza, therefore you get no pictures.

Comment

So you say that your sensors are fine...what's feeding the computer the crank trigger information?
                              the tach wire from the MSD ignition box. The same wire is feeding the tach on the dash - so it's working to that point.

Comment

• I'm not going to step into this thread and take over the role you usually play by telling you you should have gone with an MS system - that would just be mean.
                                There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Working...
                                X