1975 Plastic fantastic aka Corvette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Teddyzee View Post
    Car sounded great, very smooth... I wasn't realizing that you actually had the dying on tape.
    perhaps I should mention that to FAST? might make the FASTer at getting my computer back?
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Please show us these sanding drums of which you type - are these the rubber drums with the roll of paper around the outside tightened by compressing the rubber with a screw in the middle? I have some small ones like that which are marginally useful - but something larger would be fantastic for those tail light areas.

Yea - you get the energizer bunny award - again.
      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• Originally posted by milner351 View Post
        Please show us these sanding drums of which you type - are these the rubber drums with the roll of paper around the outside tightened by compressing the rubber with a screw in the middle? I have some small ones like that which are marginally useful - but something larger would be fantastic for those tail light areas.

Yea - you get the energizer bunny award - again.
        Yes, those sanding drums

At a concert - Building 429 - the lead singer came out on stage and was doing his programmed talk, and then got lost. He stopped, walked back to where he was on track (it's actually a good device for dealing with that issue), then made this comment. "I am blessed with the talents of ADD and OCD." I thought "me too."

Comment

• I'm blessed with all the acronyms - the problem is - I get them mixed up and can't remember.... wait - what just happened?

Comment

• Originally posted by milner351 View Post
            I'm blessed with all the acronyms - the problem is - I get them mixed up and can't remember.... wait - what just happened?
            it really bites when you're a musician - I play sax, and unfortunately, there have been times when I'm playing a well-known song and suddenly I have that realization that I've been playing; but I have no idea what I'm playing, where I'm play, or even why I'm playing.... makes me wish I'd taken guitar instead - then I just strum something and it's fine because all the cords have no relevance to whatever is being sung

Comment

• knew it. Cord.

Chord... A Chord:

or maybe even

But Cord?

hope this helps.

Last edited by Beagle; April 2, 2013, 05:38 PM.
              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• A stripper

a stipper's paint

a stripper's tool (John wanted to see these)

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                  it really bites when you're a musician - I play sax, and unfortunately, there have been times when I'm playing a well-known song and suddenly I have that realization that I've been playing; but I have no idea what I'm playing, where I'm play, or even why I'm playing.... makes me wish I'd taken guitar instead - then I just strum something and it's fine because all the cords have no relevance to whatever is being sung
                  That's why we invented the pick-scrape or the whammy dive
                  1997 Ranger 5.0L HO, GT40 heads/tubular intake, 65mm TB, 1.7rr, B303, Tri-Y headers, dual 2.5" exhaust, Flowmaster mufflers, T5 trans, Tri-Ax shifter, CenterForce Dual Friction clutch, 8.8 Traction Lok 3.55 gears, Cobra 13" front brakes, Cobra 11.65" rear discs.
                  1997 Mustang GT
                  sigpic

Comment

• FAST found nothing wrong with computer. I'm not surprised - I've never claimed to know snot about efi. owever I'm a bit irritated that I had to send it to them for them to tell me that the flashing blue light signifies a timing signal. I told them every time I talked to them that the blue light had stopped flashing. My chief complaint continues to be the lack of myself diagnosis reference material outside basic wiring. E.g. letting the user know what the blue light signifies would have been great. They also are sending my computer back the slowest way possible. I don't even get to pay to have it shipped faster.

I just hope they read this.

Comment

• Well that's frustrating!

Comment

• Meh that's hotrodding,

Comment

• SOOOOO - when you do get the thing back from the mule ride shipping service - what will you change to address the signal issue - can you no longer run the split signal to FAST and tach(s) ?

Comment

• I think somewhere, somehow FAST had a problem with a split signal (some kind of feedback screwing with the signal) - so they ask people to disconnect the tach to eliminate that possiblity

The saga does continue - because I may have to send my programmer back to them; I asked that they send me one to use while they fix mine.... I guess I'll find out the answer to that on Monday. Give or take, I might have the computer back by then

Comment

• brother

This is what lights me up every time. So I sent my computer, at FAST insistence, to them via next day air (in a really neat box that protects the computer well) - it arrives Friday, March 30. They sit on it until Wednesday the 3rd. They tell me by phone they found nothing wrong, so I ask several questions - they don't know the answer, and say we'll test for those things. Thursday afternoon I call - I've heard nothing - they say "oh, we sent it back this morning".... later in the conversation, they had it in the "out" box, but it's not shipped yet. But they're sending it back the slowest way possible. Mind you, my corvette is a large brick blocking my shop... They call me Thursday night, I ask more questions - they say "we can't talk to an engineer now, they're gone for the day".... I get no phone call until Friday night - ask more questions, they want my handheld back.... I say "I need the handheld, what's wrong?" they don't know, they need to talk to an engineer and a manager to get authorization to send me another handheld... but they'll get back to me first thing Monday..... I still haven't heard from them, but I did get my computer back - the only difference, there's a big sticker on it saying "don't break this seal"..... WTF charlie? no note, no diagnosis sheet, nothing, just a large box that I *(&^^!! have to sign for (had I not been home and found a note, I'd be even more lit).... and the computer bouncing around inside. What? they saved the box I sent for their good customers?

Okay FAST, game on..... my advice - don't buy anything FAST or Comp cams.... they put the cuss in customer service.

Comment

• Good Lord that's horrible - spend that kind of money and they should stand behind it! Horrible.

Comment

Working...
                                X