No announcement yet.

1975 Plastic fantastic aka Corvette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry to hear your pup passed. They sure do leave a hole in your hear when they go...
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

• Well that sucks. Sorry to hear about your loss. I hate having to make the call. It's good she was around to train her replacements.
      Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
      74 Nova Project
      66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
      79 Chevy Truck Project
      1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

• Man! That BLOWS!
        Always HARD when the decision has to be made..
        Comfort will come.. With time!

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
          Man! That BLOWS!
          Always HARD when the decision has to be made..
          Comfort will come.. With time!
          thanks guys - we did the surgery last May thinking she'd get a few more years. Problems then came manifold, she was getting a fish oil suppliment - and Stella got into the oil... which caused her to have Immune Mediated Thrombolitis (IMT), and that ended her trailing career. Then Rue started dry hacking, so I knew what was coming.... eventually last night, she coughed up blood and she was in obvious distress all night. Odds are Stella will catch something and go pretty quick too.... so yeah, I'm not in the best of moods right now because it seems like my best efforts and intentions failed.

oh well, I'll get out of this funk today and the bits for the Corvette will be here tomorrow.... so life will continue on. Plus, Rue did leave her nice legacy with her pups (Stella and Buick), it really was cute to see Stella playing with Buick in the same way she received from Rue.

Still, Stella is an amazing trailing dog and very good at training other dogs - so all isn't lost, life goes on.
          Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; December 18, 2013, 04:03 PM.
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Please understand that some of us have difficulty expressing emotions in the same manner as others and that I offer this with my sincere condolences.

Last edited by 68scott385; December 18, 2013, 05:23 PM.
            http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

• Our thoughts are with you...Many years ago we lost our last two dogs in 26 days...It took us 4 years to accept the idea of another pup, but everyone has their own way of recovering... take care and know that our prayers are forthcoming!
              Patrick & Tammy
              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Sorry about the loss of your doggy.
                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Sorry to hear about this.
                  I'm still learning

Comment

• Originally posted by 68scott385 View Post
                    Please understand that some of us have difficulty expressing emotions in the same manner as others and that I offer this with my sincere condolences.

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                    Our thoughts are with you...Many years ago we lost our last two dogs in 26 days...It took us 4 years to accept the idea of another pup, but everyone has their own way of recovering... take care and know that our prayers are forthcoming!
                    Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                    Sorry about the loss of your doggy.
                    Originally posted by Bob Holmes View Post
                    Sorry to hear about this.
                    Thanks, it means a lot

Comment

• man that's tough hope you and are family are doing ok loosing a pet is hard
                      Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
                      Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

• Having been through this I know how it feels and I'm sure you have to endure it - revel in the company of the other pups, not all good intentions lead to success, sometimes life has other plans. Be at peace knowing you gave her a wonderful home for life.
                        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                          Having been through this I know how it feels and I'm sure you have to endure it - revel in the company of the other pups, not all good intentions lead to success, sometimes life has other plans. Be at peace knowing you gave her a wonderful home for life.
                          "no eye has seen, nor ear heard of the glories the Lord has for his children" - Rue was an amazing dog because of how loyal, forgiving, and long suffering she was... to me that's a promise, that God's got something even better for when this earth is done.

Comment

• body kit has arrived (wooohooo)

Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; December 19, 2013, 01:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                              "no eye has seen, nor ear heard of the glories the Lord has for his children" - Rue was an amazing dog because of how loyal, forgiving, and long suffering she was... to me that's a promise, that God's got something even better for when this earth is done.
                              I've been searching near 40 years for another "Pepper" the first.. 7 Pits later, i still never got another close to her... Met alot of good dogs in the meantime.. The 2 I have now are lovely ladies who listen when I talk to them... Unlike humans..

Comment

• I had a wise man tell me that he preferred the company of a good dog to most humans.... smart guy.

Sorry for your loss friend, dogs are as individual as we are, cherish the time spent with the good ones.
                                There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Working...
                                X