1975 Plastic fantastic aka Corvette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Casper View Post
    I'd be easier if you just flew to AZ and fixed my hood.
    You don't want that, I suck at bodywork
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
      You don't want that, I suck at bodywork
      Then you should have a backup plan. 1978 corvette - $1500 (dolan springs)

Comment

Then you should have a backup plan. 1978 corvette - $1500 (dolan springs)
        I'm not a fan of solar Corvettes

Comment

I'm not a fan of solar Corvettes
          I'm not a fan of how much it costs to put a Vette back together that's in that type of condition. Been there done that, gets expensive quick.

Comment

• On the bright side it may not need a frame.

Comment

I'm not a fan of how much it costs to put a Vette back together that's in that type of condition. Been there done that, gets expensive quick.
              it's like anything else, how much you spend depends on how much you want to spend and what you want the car to look like when you're done. Corvettes are relatively cheap because everyone and their brother makes parts for them. Expensive, do a 50 Buick Sedanet or a Fiat Spider

Comment

it's like anything else, how much you spend depends on how much you want to spend and what you want the car to look like when you're done. Corvettes are relatively cheap because everyone and their brother makes parts for them. Expensive, do a 50 Buick Sedanet or a Fiat Spider
                So do you plan on doing the panels yourself or paying someone?

Comment

• You grumpy old man...
                  I'm still learning

Comment

So do you plan on doing the panels yourself or paying someone?
                    myself

Comment

• hopefully, the oil leak is solved

I didn't notice last time, but it has a steel crank

once it dries, I'll clean the rest of the silicone off
                      Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; January 7, 2014, 10:30 PM.

Comment

• leak is officially fixed....

and now on to the lights - to say these have abysmal lighting would suggest that there is any lighting - there really isn't. Because of the convoluted way GM wired these things, people are "happy" with 11 volts to the lights. Mine had 1/2 that.

so we went from no right light, to light pointing to the shoulder (handy), to this

and this

the light is actually equal, but the cheap camera... well, it's cheap. Eventually, I'm changing all this up - which brings me back to flares.... which, I'm pretty sure is coming after or during the time the Buick is getting a haircut. Did I mention my turbo motor is almost done? anyway, look for updates on that project very soon.

Comment

• Have you had a chance to determine if the one piece gasket fixed the pan leak? I've had good luck with them on engines that were out of the car, but got very aggravated trying to get them to stay in place and seal well doing them under the car. Hope yours is fixed!

Comment

• the pan gasket doesn't leak anymore - though, the breather is letting oil out, so on to the next fix

Comment

• Beagle
                              Beagle commented
                              Editing a comment
                              vacuum pump

• no vacuum pump, electric headlight poppers

so, in keeping with the theme of my week - I got nothing done on my C3 - but I spent plenty of timing doing it

first up, replace master cylinder with aluminum one (to save weight, and find out if I have had 3 bum master cylinders on this beast)

nope, fittings are the wrong size and NAPA doesn't carry the correct fitting - ordered

replace the bent pulley

nope, 3/4" dowel in the short water pump pulley (and the water pump pulley is what's bent) as opposed to 5/8"

So I ordered a new water pump (this is a used water pump that's leaking too) and a better way of adjusting the alternator

I could post up on all of the things I worked on and got stopped; but a list is more appropriate and saves time

press brake - where did I put those bolts? and that looks awesome, I wonder if it will turn.... damn.

BMW, where did that spring go? take car apart... it's obviously in the 5th dimension so I get to buy a new hose - which I got today, but am stuck waiting for a doggie treadmill to show up by 5....

Comment

• Doggie treadmill arrived at 6:30 (which is only about 15 minutes AFTER my Friday night guests arrived)... ugh, best laid plans. But I fixed the BMW - and I really hope that the tank isn't too close to the belt (1/4")

Comment

Working...
                              X