No announcement yet.

1975 Plastic fantastic aka Corvette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if your serpentine belt wobbles 1/4, you have bigger problems than the the plastic tank.
    Last edited by Beagle; March 16, 2014, 05:47 AM. Reason: speeel cheching
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• BMW is fixed... just took a hammer

anyway, on to more important things

I've never liked how the belt tensions on this car, so I'm fixing it - also, when I replaced the water pump, it was used.... because that's what I had... time to fix both

as with all things.... it doesn't fit

so I welded an aluminum extension on it

and fixed

I had aspirations of making it flat-sided; but then I realized my belt sander needs a belt - so it's a bit more modern art than machined (used a side grinder)
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Function over beauty...

Comment

• Basic rule of bangshifting, nothing fits out of the box.
          I'm still learning

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Holmes View Post
            Basic rule of bangshifting, nothing fits out of the box.

Yep. Rule #1 of hot rodding. Nothing is bolt on. Nothing. Rule #2, if you can not handle rule # 1, leave your car stock or hire a pro.
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post

Yep. Rule #1 of hot rodding. Nothing is bolt on. Nothing. Rule #2, if you can not handle rule # 1, leave your car stock or hire a pro.

True words.

Comment

• Is it me or does it look like the tension - bar should be behind the bracket on the alternator - instead of in front of it? Wouldn't that make it parallel to the belt? probably doesn't make a difference - just a visual thing. Nice work on the aluminum welding - your welds are pretty enough to leave un-ground.
                There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• Looks like if he put it on the backside, the angle will be severe.. Plus might not be room?

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                    Looks like if he put it on the backside, the angle will be severe.. Plus might not be room?
                    optical illusion... it's really parallel with the belt

Comment

• That brake press is takin up way too much valuable room...shipping to 61102 please.

Comment

• it'd be easier if you just moved to Seattle... bring your porch awning

Comment

• so, time to fix yet another issue - the brakes. I'm tired of the "will I have enough vacuum or not" issue with the motor; so I'm putting manual brakes on the car

so I have to clear a hole

now is the time I mention I'm really getting tired of trying to fit my 210 lb chassis in the footwell

anyway

here's where I stopped

an adapter to eliminate the booster.... tomorrow, brake lines

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Holmes View Post
                            Basic rule of bangshifting, nothing fits out of the box.
                            some times they do not even fit in the box
                            Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
                            Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

• so a bit more work done before small group this Friday night

the adapter installed

bench bleeding

it's actually bolted to the firewall, just no picture of that yet...

Comment

• hope this fixes the braking issue on it
                                Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
                                Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

Working...
                                X