Clear All

• Keep chipping away.

Any track time plans this year?
    I'm still learning

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Holmes View Post
      Keep chipping away.

Any track time plans this year?
      I hope so, I've already missed one, and another one tomorrow.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• So I got the brake lines connected - but not bled, I'll have to have a friend come by tomorrow to finish that task....

first... length of the rod on the booster

I should probably hold the camera steadier... but everyone's seen a non-power master cylinder

Comment

• Cut it long.. Make the part that rides on the piston smooth.. Not hard to do at all..

Comment

• Not too long......that piston has to return all the way to uncover the internal ports. If the rod does not have just a touch of free play it's too long.
            Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• and we have brakes that work LOTS better

Comment

• For what Wilwoods cost - they'd BETTER BE BETTER
                There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                  For what Wilwoods cost - they'd BETTER BE BETTER
                  they don't have a very high standard to be better than. The C3 brakes are terrible. They work fine when they work, but they are renown for leaking.

And even so, price a pair of quality rebuilt C3 brakes.... these aren't that much more money, and since these cars sit, a lot, the stock brakes will start leaking in 5 years. These won't because of the material they're made of.

Comment

• thems is sure purdy....
                    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

• I don't always comment, but I follow.

Comment

• Well in that case - once again you've proven your wisdom in purchasing and design decisions.
                        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                          Well in that case - once again you've proven your wisdom in purchasing and design decisions.
                          I google well

Comment

• this, will be a carb on Sunday... I'm done

I replaced the wires on the off-chance that the other wires, of unknown origin, had breaks in it... it does run a bit better; but the display on the EZ EFI says the car is running lean (like 15.9 lean)... and it's actually running pig-rich (as evidenced by the black smoke)
                            This is the 3rd O2 sensor that's gone bad or plugged or whatever... so somewhere I'll reinstall this on something that can use it or I'll simply sell it. As you can imagine, I'm not a FAST fan.

Comment

• Disappointing - because the idea of some bolt-on fuel injection to make an old car more like a new car where you can just hop in and go, never worrying about mechanical/electric choke or if you have it tuned properly for every rpm, or washing down the cylinders with gas, etc ... it's a great idea. But for three times the cost of a "good" carburetor, it's hard to justify the expense - especially when one reads about the issues that come up.
                              Good luck with the carb. What brand are you going with?

Comment

• I'm going to put the 780 Holley back on it... as for washing down, I need to change the oil too because it did fill the pan with gas.

Comment

Working...
                                X