Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    I'm not going to mess with his sale, but the price is what I asked for it (and probably the lowest-priced 4 speed that you can drive now) and we negotiated from there.

Yes, a 427 Big block chevrolet

I blog everything I build - right now I'm doing an FJ40 - the next C3 is going to use the flares I have in my rafters; that said, when its done, this one will be value priced comparatively

and with that said, I have a twin turbo Fiat 124 and a 1950 Buick Sedanette that are first... so it will be awhile before I do another C3.

believe it or not, I made money on the sale of that Corvette - so it is possible to build one without completely mortgaging your future.

Leave a comment:

• davetteminster
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
    I appreciate that - the guy who bought it said something about reselling it. Thanks for posting the ad - that said, it's a 350, not a 400.
    That's too bad. I hope he didn't do that on purpose.

Can you comment on whether he is selling at a loss? Feel free not to answer that if you'd rather not. I'm just trying to keep my finger on the pulse on C3 prices.

You mentioned your next C3 will be "a bbc". Does that mean a big-block? (pardon my newbie ignorance). Will you link to a new thread from here when you start that project? I'd love to see that one happen in real time, so I can guarantee you at least one fanboy watching that project closely, and maybe a potential buyer (I can dream, right?)

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    I appreciate that - the guy who bought it said something about reselling it. Thanks for posting the ad - that said, it's a 350, not a 400.
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; July 15, 2015, 09:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• davetteminster
    replied
    This car is now on Craigslist: http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/5123425718.html

The listing currently reads:

1975 Chevrolet Corvette T-top, with custom one piece top

400 SB, Holly 750, Hooker Headers to side pipes, Tires are like New

Wilwood disk brakes all around

Rare 4 speed car

Built for road and track use, compliant to run at Monroe race track, with fuel cell, roll cage, belts, extinguisher etc...

Build up page @ Bangshift.com under the name of Plasticfantastic

Fast car !!
    The seller mentioned this thread, which I found and perused with increasing astonishment to see all the work that went into this car. I'm really impressed. I created a forum account just so I could tell you how much I admire your work. I haven't the faintest clue how to do this stuff, and it makes me wish I had time to learn.

I've been longing for the C3 vettes on Craigslist for awhile now, and this is my favorite I've ever seen. The price on Craigslist ($12,500) seems like a pretty good deal considering all the work that went into this.

If I had someplace to keep it, I'd buy it. Maybe someday I will have space (and time) for stuff like this.

Thanks for creating this great thread!

Leave a comment:

• STINEY
    replied
    John does strike me as more of a closet GM guy.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by milner351 View Post
    Great news - one less Chevy mucking up the bunch
    LOL

Seriously - if you have better plans for other things I applaud your tenacity to stick to your long term vision.

I too consider lots of things practice - in my case, with far less experience and skill than yourself - the Falcon has been great learning material in preparation for the big block mach1.

but why would you waste your talents on a Ford?
    sorry, couldn't resist.... I didn't actually try to resist, but I figured I'd at least nod at resistance as I blew by it.

Leave a comment:

• milner351
    replied
    Great news - one less Chevy mucking up the bunch
    LOL

Seriously - if you have better plans for other things I applaud your tenacity to stick to your long term vision.

I too consider lots of things practice - in my case, with far less experience and skill than yourself - the Falcon has been great learning material in preparation for the big block mach1.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    FJ40, Fiat, Sedanette
    with a brief detour for the diesel Land Rover.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.... I really want the Sedanet to be show-worthy in craftsmanship and I want to do it all myself (including the top chop)... all the others, including the C3 are practice.

With that said, I will own another C3 - but right now I need a truck.

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied

sure there is, I think most have it programmed into their function keys for my posts.
    CTRL + ALT + SHIFT + Left elbow F12.

Kind of (almost, well, sort of) sorry to see it go. What's next?

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by Loren View Post
    ...!...

(no smiley for astonishment)

sure there is, I think most have it programmed into their function keys for my posts.

Leave a comment:

• STINEY
    replied
    and I have space in my shop again...
    What is this "space" of which you speak?

And is it related to "semi-clean"?

(wife ventured into my barn early last evening, right as I was finishing rolling engine stands and motorcycles and saws around to make room to roll the CJ7 frame inside. When I saw her eyes do that wandering-over-the-in-her-mind-clutter, and then looking in the haymows in the same manner.......well I promptly distracted her and started talking about picking out fixtures for the new upstairs bathroom, which we just gutted last weekend. That was a close one!)

Last edited by STINEY; June 5, 2015, 07:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Loren
    replied
    ...!...

(no smiley for astonishment)
    Last edited by Loren; June 5, 2015, 06:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    and I have space in my shop again... but there should (crossing fingers) be a 455 now 430 in my shop in a couple weeks...

what is kind of funny, the guy who bought the car said when he first looked/drove the car that he was going to keep the car for the summer then sell it on. When he bought it yesterday, he said will keep it until next summer to sell... he has this thread link, so he'll see this - but here's what I say. He'll keep it for lots of years. He is already planning on getting it repainted - which will really bring the car to the next level...

and I will have another C3, I already have the flares for it.... next one will be a bbc.

Leave a comment:

• silver_bullet
    replied
    incentive to get the Buick or CTS spider project accelerating...
    Last edited by silver_bullet; June 5, 2015, 04:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    What is going to quell your thirst for burning rubber?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X