TAman1969 car stuck in bodyman jail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TAman1969 car stuck in bodyman jail

well I bought this car 6-7 years ago as a parts car it was completely apart and rear floors and trunk were rusted

well i decided to build this into a Trans am clone with a pro-touring in mind upgrade the suspension big tires /wheels since we needed to replace the quarters anyway why not mini tub? we moved the inner rear fenders to the frame and pulled the quarters out and mini flared them should be able to fit a 17x11 with a 315 on it.

well thats how it started

thats test fitting with a 17x11 on there
    the front sub frame came out and was modified with a BRP Hot rods rack install and then was powder coated and assembled with hotchkis spring global west uppers and del-a-lum bushings in the lower-a-frame- what a PITA to install and not damage the powder coat on them and then was reinstalled and tied in with solid bushings and Detroit speed sub frame connectors and new rear pans,also have installed LS1 front brakes with a bracket I sell to adapt the the early spindles , they will be coming off and I will install ATS aluminum spindles that are taller for better suspension geometry and handling and the c5 12.7" rotors and calipers and LS1 rear brakes on a 8.5 10 bolt that i have built with 3.42 gears - i may change them to 3.73 now that i have gone to M6

orig plans were to be a stock LS1 auto and now have decided to go M6 then I found a good deal on a LS6 short block and have bought a bigger cam and will be getting some CNC heads and a Fast intake, as far as my bodyman he has been making the rockers straight and then will install the front end anyway I'm patiently waiting and saving more money for the build , still need electrical system, A/C system, new glass ect oh and i still need an interior and sound system too.
    Rich -DFW area 1999 2000 HRPT Participent 2001 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2012 2013 2014 2015 HRPT Long Hauler

Re: TAman1969 car stuck in bodyman jail

I love it. Keep us posted. Good Work.

Seth
    200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Wow! Will be killer when done. Keep at it!
      1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

Quality stuff going on there , what are you hanging around here with us . lol

Comment

Thanks all for the positive encouragement! Its been too slow going for me , I wanted to be driving this at least a year ago. I spoke to my bodyman buddy last night he said he has been working on it, I told him good I'm near ready to assemble the engine and set it in the car , the rear end is ready to install with the rear Hotchkis springs, just waiting on him...
          Rich -DFW area 1999 2000 HRPT Participent 2001 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2012 2013 2014 2015 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

That's gonna be a sweet one. Very nice.

Comment

Just where is this bodyman? ??? I could use some of those parts for my 83! ;D
              Keep after him Rich and you might drive that thing in another year or two.

Cheaps 8)

Comment

Great project! Never seen a quarter cut off with the rear glass still in!

Quality takes time, roll with it!

Comment

One of my favorites. Good job saving it. Keep it up.
                  Cognizant Dissident

Comment

another one saved! 8)

Comment

more eye candy
                      04 ls6 shortblock:

and now its assembled :

Comment

That's awesome, I can't wait to see the finished product!

Comment

Looks good Rich! Maybe HRPT09 :o

Comment

Nice project! Cool engine too. I'm staying with a Pontiac engine on mine, since I have 2 in stock. I'm actually robbing parts off my Firebird instead of putting it together. Good Luck with it.
                            61 Olds 88, 69 Plymouth Roadrunner, 68 Pontiac Firebird, 95 Buick Roadmaster LT1

Comment

that's where you have been

Comment

Working...
                              X