Clear All

Re: New Project Car Arrives

What about a SBC? ;D

Great looking TVR 8) Keep us posted.

Seth
    200 mph or bust.......

Comment

I think the TrailBlazer I5 or I6 would be cool. And you can have a lot of fun with the Triumph motor. As I recall (worked at a Fiat-Triumph-Volvo dealer MANY years ago) the TR6 motors were stout but the carbs were a pain. Doing a clutch also sucked, but maybe yours is better.

Have Fun
      Dan

Comment

Originally posted by fahrenschnell
        What about a SBC? ;D

Great looking TVR 8) Keep us posted.

Seth
        Well, as I said, I'm not doing a V-8. But if I did, I'd do a small block Ford based engine - They fit way better than a SBC. But, I'm sticking with a straight 6 or 4. The engine that's in it in particular!

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes
          I think the TrailBlazer I5 or I6 would be cool. And you can have a lot of fun with the Triumph motor. As I recall (worked at a Fiat-Triumph-Volvo dealer MANY years ago) the TR6 motors were stout but the carbs were a pain. Doing a clutch also sucked, but maybe yours is better.

Have Fun
          Dan
          I've thought about those too, along with a turbo'd Miata engine. I like those because they have a vintage look to them, parts are very common, and they can make almost unlimited HP - And they're small and light. But I have a friend whose TR-6 engine is making 260hp naturally asperated, and it screams in his 1900 lb 2500M. These engines also sound really good, so I really have no intention of swapping engines any time soon. Besides, I'm building a very stout 351W for the stang. The TVR is a sports car, not a muscle car.

Comment

Working...
          X