My Corvette thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Corvette thread

Well here it goes, I bought this car when I was 18, I'm 21 now. The paint was pretty shady looking and me being the master painter I decided to tear it apart, much like everything I own, now with power tour coming up i want to take this thing, and i love to finish a project with like no time. SOO i plan on posting my progress here, i'll try to update it everyday with pictures, and injury reports, lol. So here are the facts:

1970 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe
    Original motor L46 350 ci with some minor mods done, approx 370 hp
    Tremec T56 6 Speed Trans, 4:11 gears
    Lowered on VBP Suspension, Chassis Stiffened
    255/50/17 Nitto NT450 Front - 275/50/17 Nitto NT450 Rear on WV Rallys
    Chambered Pipe exhaust out the back, really loud.

I still have some bodywork left on the car but not much, the whole car still needs primer, final block sanding and then paint of course, Then the updated intake and carb. I'll be using all DuPont on the car as far as paint goes, mostly ChromaPremier, nothing but good luck with the stuff. Anyway bla bla bla...

I need intake and carb suggestions, the motor isn't too radical at all, but i would like to update the air fuel delivery setup. Right now it has the original stock Q jet, with a super old Edelbrock Performer Intake. I know the motor would spin a little farther with something new. So let me know what you think and I'll keep you all updated. Wish me luck I have less than a month to complete it all, glad I'm in between jobs right now, lots of free time!

Re: My Corvette thread

Here are some pics by the way...

Comment

I'm a bit confused. Are the pics of it in bodywork what it looks like now or the pics of it sitting at the dealership?

As for the intake. The best all around intake has been proven over and over again the Performer RPM Airgap. But, Corvettes have hood clearance issues, so you will have to measure or put on a big block hood. I'd scrap the Q-Jet and go with a Holley 750 DP.

Just curious. Are you going to have enough luggage space for the Power Tour in that sports car?
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

SWEET!

Are you keeping it green?

Comment

The pics that were taken at the dealer are the befores, the ones where it looks like crap were taken late last year, I have most of the body work done on the car, just needs primer i will try to get new pics tonight.

Comment

Haha, about the luggage space, prolly not but i'll make do. The car is not going to be kept green, i was thinking a red. Open for new ideas though.

Comment

I always liked those in Yellow. I don't know why, but I think it is one of the few cars that can pull it off.

Seth
              200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Did you put in the 6 speed? Any problems with the install? The double overdrive will be nice on a long haul trip.

Comment

Yeah yellow was on my list too, the 6 speed was a pain in the ass to install, the whole trans tunnel needs to be modified along with getting a whole hyd. clutch setup.

Comment

awwww....I love green, more rods should be dark green....DONT do red...its like having another red Camaro...cool, but over done.......................good luck with it!

Comment

Sweet car!!!

Highly recommend the Performer RPM Airgap, ditto the 750DP.
                      Hood issues are likely, but a scoop, or better yet, a cowl or L-88 hood hood would make it easy.

I actually like the green too, but they look sweet in all colors.
                      How about royal blue, and a LeMans stripe?

Comment

I too am for the L-88 hood and like the yellow idea. Yellow is on my list for the bird as well.
                        Hard Work Guarantees Nothing - Lack of it Does!

Drew Gerth - Newburgh, IN

Comment

corvettes are tight for t56 - nice car , I would keep it green - fathom green , rally green , goodwood green

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
                            corvettes are tight for t56 - nice car , I would keep it green - fathom green , rally green , goodwood green
                            x2

Comment

+1 more for green. There aren't many left now since most of them have been painted red.

Comment

Working...
                              X