My '67 Dart 2 Door Post Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My '67 Dart 2 Door Post Project

Hey all. My name is Dustin, just a 25 year old guy in the midwest with his first Mopar. I've had a few Fox Body Mustangs, one of which was a mid 10 second 306 car that I sold. We're off to building a sleeper Mopar now. :D

My relocate half done

The Dana Housing after being narrowed with the caliper brackets, 9" ends on it, and in the background the 35 spline axles and spool.

The Dana FITS!!!

With DISCS!

Where the floors started when I got it.

Off to the chassis shop.

Floors are in.

Poor pic of sub-frame connectors

Seam sealed and undercoated.

Got it back from the Zinc repair shop. (Similar to lead repair)

Before behind the wheel opening.

After blasting and repair

I don't have good before shots of these but they printed some out for me for the scrap book. There was a lot of bondo in the car as it was hit in the r/r it looked like. Not anymore!

This before pic shows your the little bit on the r/f fender, and the rust above the rear wheel opening that had been repaired in the previous pic as well.

After

I just need to weld up the puncture in the door, do some sanding and get some small surface rust out of the wheel openings that's just flash rust, and start getting 'er straight for paint now.

Re: My '67 Dart 2 Door Post Project

Looks good,nice job on the floors.

Comment

That'll be cool. Interesting floors.

Comment

Yeah they didn't make sections large enough for the car to just use boughten pieces. I would of had to do some fab work regardless, so a friend of mine got the nod to do the tin and sub-frames at the same time.

As soon as I find a drivers side fender I can continue with the body work and hopefully get 'er in color here before too long.

Comment

Or you could put glass fenders on it.

Comment

Dustin, Like your Dart project. Weather kindof sucks right now where we are. Got heat in the garage?

Comment

Nice project! looks like your coming along well.

Comment

Originally posted by blu65ramb
                Dustin, Like your Dart project. Weather kindof sucks right now where we are. Got heat in the garage?
                Yes it the weather does suck, and yes I got heat. The floors never quite get up to temp though. :D

Comment

What the!?!?!?!?

Oh yeah, just test fitting the patch panel before install tomorrow. :D

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger
                    Or you could put glass fenders on it.
                    They're a little spendy for me, and I just had gotten the one fender repaired. The patch I found in the previous post should do me good. I hope to start on the rest of the body after I get the fender done. Perhaps in color in a few months if it gets warmer!

Comment

LOL, that rust repair looks like all the old body work I found on my Fury...comming along nicely! keep it up. cant wait to see it done!

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY
                        LOL, that rust repair looks like all the old body work I found on my Fury...comming along nicely! keep it up. cant wait to see it done!
                        Haha yeah. I don't get some people. I knew there was a lot of bondo in there before we blasted it. I laughed when I saw that.

Comment

Not trying to hijack but I thought you might like to see your not the onlyone feeling that kind of pain...here are the before and afters of the drivers 1/4 on my car.

Before:

After: (I kid you not the bondo was up to 2 inches thick

Comment

Oh I know how that goes. I wish they would have taken progress pics when they zinc filled my passenger rear quarter. I know the bondo was an EASY 1/4 + inch thick for a good 3 feet! Now she's filled with zinc. :D

Comment

Rust sucks. >

Comment

Working...
                              X