My '67 Dart 2 Door Post Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My '67 Dart 2 Door Post Project

The photos and how-tos are great. Keep it coming!

Comment

Well with the help from a friend I got the patch done.

Crappy camera phone pics, sorry.

Got 'er cut

Looks pretty close!

It'd been too long away from a welder for me. My buddy took care of the stitching

Some quick grinding and a quick coat of primer for the trip home.

We had our helper in the shop too.

Comment

Man I wish I had a buddy like yours....the photos are encouraging tho....keep em comming

Comment

Oh yeah he helped out more than he knows. He posts on here every now and again and has some cool cars. Ratrap is his sign on on here.

Comment

Originally posted by QuarterHorse
            Oh yeah he helped out more than he knows. He posts on here every now and again and has some cool cars. Ratrap is his sign on on here.
            Wipes tears from his eyes :'(. Thanks buddy. Really though, don't be scared to tackle anything just put you mind to and do it.My motto is why pay someone else to mess it up when I can do it for free.

Comment

Originally posted by ratrap1964
              My motto is why pay someone else to mess it up when I can do it for free.
              I usually only say that about automatic transmissions, but I guess it applies even more to body work

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Got a little more progress here lately.

Ran across some V/C's I had to score

I also got my SB 727, shifter, converter, and SFI flex plate waiting for install.

Pulled the front suspension, waiting to get blasted, repainted, new ball joints etc, and while it's all out I'll be prepping the inner fenders and undercoating, along with pulling the junk off the firewall and prepping.

Comment

Nice work! I really dig the floors: simple but plenty effective. As far as rust goes, I feel your pain: we've patched/replaced every panel on my '71 Monte Carlo except the roofskin.

As for the M/T's, here's how I did mine: I polished the fins, and spray bombed the rest w/ "cast-iron" Duplicolor.

Awesome project, keep us updated!

Comment

Yeah I scuffed the tops of the fins so they're black with the tops of the fins and letters aluminium color.

Comment

Originally posted by ratrap1964
                      Originally posted by QuarterHorse
                      Wipes tears from his eyes :'(. Thanks buddy. Really though, don't be scared to tackle anything just put you mind to and do it.My motto is why pay someone else to mess it up when I can do it for free.
                      My New Motto!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X