Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: another project i have going

ahhh yes bugs to work out
    there is no ecm in the car there is a pump and barrel valve and hoses and nozzels etc not efi on the car but also not e 85 they do not sell it around here
    still a lot of tuning but at WOT it is fun lol
    i would like to have converted it to efi {have another intake being done} but no money to do it like planed when i started build
    i have a few crower injection units so i put old junk together and

Comment

The reason to convert to EFI is that mechanical injection is a PAIN on the street. Depending on the type you have, there's very limited mid throttle response - the early Hilborns only had idle and WOT, and later added a midrange circuit, but still pretty limited. I'm not familiar with the Crowers, but I'm guessing that they are sort of the same. Are they cool? Hell, YA! Just not real practical for daily driving (a friend had a Hilborn system and it was fun but impractical).

Dan

Comment

efi is for new cars and old fogeys
        keep it mechanical - KOOL
        NY car ?

Comment

ya NY its whole life i am the third owner
          the guy i bought it from bought it in '73 and started to un race car it and custom it
          lot of the old speed parts were in the trunk when i got it but his fur head liner and dingle berrys had to go lol
          it is now for sale but my injector is off and going on my race car
          check it our in the cars for sale beter pics

as for the lettering
          my dad in the early '60's had a green '56 chevy power pack with a glide my granpa worked at the locol chevy dealer as the tranny guy and as a car nut built a hot tranny for it when it would shift from 1 to 2 when both carbs were open it would slip sideways on the hightech recap slicks so the guys at the shop had "the sidewinder " painted on it
          used to run at nigaira

the call out numbers are my pops and granpas time clock numbers
          and it says sponsored by MERNAN CHEVROLET
          the dealer in buffalo my dad and granpa worked at every lil lettering on the car has a back story
          the buffalo clutch custom built by my buddy that owns buffalo clutch we made a period right logo for him etc... this car was green when new so it became the sidewinder 2 everthing we do is dictated by the past when things were simple and cooler but underneath it is a quick lil car let me know what ya think

sad part is now it most go so more of my projects can have there turn my race car needs an updated cage and my plymouth need to be done and so on etc...

Comment

Working...
          X