1986 Camaro In Spain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1986 Camaro In Spain

I took out the shorty Accels and installed a set of Autolites.
    What more to do but drive it ?
    I stopped of a couple of places to shoot some pics.

Re: 1986 Camaro In Spain

nice

im not a chevy guy but this has been one of my more favorite body styles the camaro has taken.

Comment

Verry cool scenery and car 8).

Comment

What kind of love (response) does the Camaro draw in Spain?

I'm just being curious. I had an 88 that I bought my senior year of HS (1998) so I definitely have a soft spot for 3rd gens.

Brian
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by shaun callaway
          nice

im not a chevy guy but this has been one of my more favorite body styles the camaro has taken.
          awwhh , you just like them because third gen camaros are put together like 1960s mopars

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
            Originally posted by shaun callaway
            nice

awwhh , you just like them because third gen camaros are put together like 1960s mopars

Watch the 60's mopar coments there bub ;D

Looks good Malc great pics!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
              What kind of love (response) does the Camaro draw in Spain?
              I'm just being curious. I had an 88 that I bought my senior year of HS (1998) so I definitely have a soft spot for 3rd gens.
              Brian
              The car always gets the thumbs up.

Comment

Some really nice shots.
                HRPT 2004LH 2007LH 2008

Comment

Nice. I don't think I've ever seen one of those(I HAVE SEEN Firebirds without Spoilers,but never a Camaro...)without the Spoiler......I LIKE IT! Since I got my Red '87,I've taken a keen interest in these Camaro's-N-Firebirds. I'll tell ya right from the get-go I like the Base Cars without the Tuppaware covering up the bottom of the Car. I don't like the chin Spoilers & I've already seen some pretty horrific aftermarket ones out there > :o : :P :-X! I won't even tell ya about the Bi-Plane 'Tripple-Decker" I've seen just last week :o :o. Some people got balls,I'll tell ya ;D :! Anyway,since I've got the '87,I've been hoarding parts:-a set of soild manual-Window Doors from 'an 84,the same Car donated it's front Fenders & rear Bumper Cover. I've been given a pair of N.O.S. '87-'92 Taillights(new,in box...). I've also got a line on a '86 Berlinatta(SP?)non-T-Top Car the Landlord just got in. It's soild,some tiny scratches here 'an there,a torn up Driver's seat,loose center Console,floppy Sunvisiors,you know,little stuff. But,this is a V8 Car(305)it also has the rare JL-8 4-Wheel Disc Brake setup,and has power everything. He also got in a Red '77 Impala Coupe with a Red Vinyl gut,305/Auto,soild,runs,ect. I can have both for $600 ;D! The Impala was a true 1-owner Car,while the Camaro is on it's fourth(if you include me..). See? There's a little Frieberger in all of us ;D. ~OO6.

Comment

I updated the nose on mine to a ī91 but I donīt like ground effects on the side or rear bumper.
                    Originally it looked like this in ī92.

And this is the build sheet.

The nose came from;
                    http://www.youngsfbody.com/
                    The tailights from;
                    http://gmsportssalvage.com/

Comment

Glad to see you've kept it for all these years 8)!! The Berlinatta that I'm looking at has those same Wheels(the 'stock' ones...)on it with new-ish General XP-2000's......they'll be the first things to go. The odometer reads 166-thousand miles.....and it 'shows' in the Engine. The 305's got a wee smoking problem(left side of the Pipe...),but otherwise runs fine. At one point,somebody steam-cleaned the Engine room........looks nice in there. I found some recipts(sp?)showing the V-Cover Gaskets were replaced in 6-06,along with the all the Air-N-PVC Filters. In Jan. of this year,it's had new 'Pads all around,along with a new P-Brake Cable,so the Car was cared for(as best as the owner(s)could afford...). Car still has the origional Radio which works fine. No rot(we've had it on a lift...). And it looks as if I'm taking it(along with the Impala....) ;D. ~OO6.

Comment

I stayed with the 305 as long as I could but it was tired out.
                        Iīm the third owner, I think the second owner abused it and couldīnt afford repair costs.
                        One clue was a scalped rear tire, burnouts maybe ?
                        I went to a 355 and still kept the computer, upgrading the computer and chip.
                        In the end after quite a few Q Jets, they followed the 305 into the scrap can.
                        Those computer controlled Q Jets when they get old are enough to give you fits.

I just love to drive it.
                        ;D

Comment

Driving is what these cars were ment to be ;D.Are there more american cars there?.Asking because i remembered a thread on a english site.Scroll down on the link under here..

Looks like there is another camaro near Sevilla..and some more american cars too :

Comment

I hear ya about those computer controlled Q-Jets :P! 'Fine' when ya leave things 'stock',but they don't like ANY Engine mods whatsoever >! I'd like to do away with the computer(in BOTH cars...in time...)and have everything 'manual.' ~OO6.

Comment

The UK has a very lively American car scene, all types of HotRodding and dragracing are represented.

There is a restored ī89 Firebird just ten minutes down the road from me here in Spain, I hope to get some pics of it soon.
                              We have a fair few of American cars here and there is an American Car Club of Catalunya.

http://www.amccc.org/
                              And Forum;
                              http://cccae.mforos.com/
                              The Firebird guys lean towards the KnightRider style. ???

Check out some UK cars right here; http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/wheels-day-good-friday-136571.html

Comment

Working...
                              X