1986 Camaro In Spain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1986 Camaro In Spain

'Shot' a few...'WHAT' :o :o :D ;D?! ~OO6.

Comment

Originally posted by malc
      Originally posted by 68_GS_400
      malc, I see you 'found' that power steering pump bracket. ;)

I'm curious what you are paying for gas these days? We're in the $4.10 range per gallon but knowing what you pay would put this cost into perspective.

Were those pictures of your car on the road to Montserrate? Stones looked familiar.
      In the end I got me some steel and made the power steering pump bracket. ;D

We´re paying the equivalent of $7.57 for one US gallon. :'(

Right, I took a ride up Montserrat and had the camera with me so I shot a few. 8)
      I sent Malc plans for a bracket I made, but his idea was easier and simpler.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

No comment on our gas prices ? :-X

Comment

I don't know much about the gas price situation in Europe. What I do know is that most of the countries gas prices are 75-90% taxes. Far more than the approximately 50 cents state and 50 cents federal taxes per gallon we pay. I saw a news story where the truckers around Barcelona pretty much shut the city down as a protest of the price of fuel. The story showed a trucker trying to bypass the blockade and the other truckers took his cargo and tossed it off a bridge.

California is now on our special summer blend that no other state uses. Our prices have been falling the last couple of weeks. It's averaging around $4.60 a gallon around my house which is near the highest in the country.
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

In the UK they pay "fuel duty" and tax, I see fuel duty as another name for tax, so they pay tax on tax.
            New car purchase involves "purchase tax" and VAT, value added tax, again tax on tax.
            New cars in the UK are way more expensive than in the rest of Europe, many go to Holland or Belgium to buy,
            still cheaper after import duty.
            The "road tax" paid yearly by UK drivers is also a sore point.
            http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1017560/Families-pay-245-year-new-road-tax-charges.html
            Like tabbacco and alcohol tax goes up with the base product so it´s not in government´s interest to freeze or lower taxes on these products.

1 GBPound = 1.99 USDollars

Comment

Working...
            X