• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gets better...

Energy trans mount

Starting to look like an engine again

Where it sits right now

Another awesome thing happened. There was too much pressure on the lower mount bolt against the mount that it got ####ed up, and in turn ####ed up the threads in the k-member. Lifted it back off, tried re-tapping it and it ####ed up the tap. So cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
      trivia question - and yeah, welcome to BangShift! Where we derail any and eventually EVERY thread. lol. Oh yeah, triva question... who mfg'd the last production car with a flat tappet cam? I can't think of anything non rollered any more.
      dodge/mitsubishi the 3.0L SOHC/DOHC engines are flat tappet followers last one was built in 2003-ish?

the 3.5 and 24 valve SOHC engines are roller followers though
      Last edited by Mater; August 16, 2012, 06:08 AM.
      Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
      Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

Still true with Pontiac Blue

All buttoned up

Getting ready for penetration

Ughhhhh feelz so good!

The eagle has landed

So ugghh when I was rotating the engine to line up the flex plate with the TC I heard a weird ping sound, like something was stuck and then decided to get unstuck. I only took out the bank 1 spark plugs.

I removed the bank 1 valve cover and the plugs on bank 2, and everything seemed normal. Any ideas what I heard?
        Last edited by LastCallKillIt; August 16, 2012, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Pulled the front cover back off, every thing still looks normal. IDK

Comment

could be anything or nothing at all - ping, klunk, chudda chudda, and thump are damn hard to diagnose from any further then a couple feet... but I'm sure there are others here who are up to the challenge

you know, you make that engine pretty enough, you won't want to blow it up again
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

she's underneath now. Speak now or forever hold your peace lol

Comment

Almost there. I sure hope its not broke

Comment

I don't think that will ever stop freaking me out... hope it's all good now!
                  Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Heard tell of it done.. Never seen no pictures... It is sure a wierd way to R&R an engine...
                    Looking good by the way...

Comment

I don't think that will ever stop freaking me out... hope it's all good now!

???

Comment

Originally posted by LastCallKillIt View Post
                        ? ? ?
                        having the car sitting at a 45* angle and rolling the engine under it. I've seen several using blocks to lift the body up and it freaks me out. Your's looks like a better deal with the lift, but still just weirds me out to see the car like that.

oh, on top of our beloved forum ### ing out the Fbomb, it can't handle simple smilies either. haha.
                        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

i used a host when i changed the engine in my 2001 GPGT i had

Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
                          Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

trivia question - and yeah, welcome to BangShift! Where we derail any and eventually EVERY thread. lol. Oh yeah, triva question... who mfg'd the last production car with a flat tappet cam? I can't think of anything non rollered any more.
                            Pretty sure it was the Jeep 4.0 I6. They went away in 2005ish???

Comment

I usually can't hear the "ping" over the cussing.
                              I'm still learning

Comment

That ping was probably Tinkerbelle...putting some good luck stardust on your project to soothe the Angry Bird.
                                Last edited by mlcraven; August 18, 2012, 09:01 PM.
                                Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

Working...
                                X