No announcement yet.

This is my Angry Bird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you hear the converter snout / crank maybe bind up and then turn loose and slide on in?
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

So I accidentally started it last night lol

It was still on stands, apparently my buddy never took the key out of the "ON" position, and the gear selector was in "1". We were gonna bleed the brakes and I was making the final under the hood connections and went ahead and put the negative cable in. That's when I heard "ERR ERR ERR ERR VARROOOOOOMMM!!! WAP WAP WAP WAP WAP WAP!" no oil in the car, or coolant in the cooling system. Good thing I lubed everything in the engine prior lol

Can drive it yet, found it now has coolant leaks from the heater hose fittings, so back to waiting on parts...

Comment

It runs. It acted like it wanted to stall when I put it in reverse, I was gonna re position it but it started idling weird when I did that so I shut it off.

Comment

how (in other words, what is a weird idle)?
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Missed a vacuum hose connection?

Comment

Ended up being the trans vent hose

She's back...

Comment

sounds great, bet you're pretty excited to have it back (I know I would be)
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by LastCallKillIt View Post
                  Ended up being the trans vent hose

She's back...

Huh?? Trans vent makes motor run bad...

Might be somewhere to look on the 'Burb I got... Dies in R or long stoplites...

Comment

Goes into gear without a hitch now. Un pinched the trans vent, and no gear change problems and the fluid isn't spewing out of the dipstick.

Comment

Originally posted by LastCallKillIt View Post
                      Goes into gear without a hitch now. Un pinched the trans vent, and no gear change problems and the fluid isn't spewing out of the dipstick.
                      Knew it spews out the dipstick... When plugged at the vent... Thought it just goes slower and slower... (my case) learn something new daily...

Comment

3800 does sound nice at idle.... thne you give it any thing above 3,000 rpm and sounds like a dieing wookie LOL
                        Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
                        Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

Mehhh I think it's misfiring some where. I gave it about half throttle getting on the highway earlier and I heard a "PUT PUT PUT" at about 4K RPM. Gayyyyyyyy. Im thinking about ditching the MSD coils since I have six OEM's from the 2 L26's, and swap the ICM for one of the newer ones they both had.

Comment

Nice lol

Just got my exhaust redone its now modified to being similar to a TSP Rumbler set-up, it now has a Dynomax 2.5" Bullet. Clip sometime soon.

Also, swapped out my MSD Coils for the OEM's I have. Hopefully that solves the intermittent misfires, if not I'll try new wires next.

Until then check the new steez.

No mas black WS6 centers and black lug caps.

Comment

Wonderful, SES light on the way from class. Had two prior to exhaust. 1 being the cat o2 sensor since it wasn't connected and one was a bank 1 or 2 o2 sensor low voltage. Not sure which bank, but I just figured it was from the open headers since low voltage at a pre-cat is a lean condition. I'll have to stop by Advance tomorrow and scan it. Not what it is if it's that still with the exhuast back on. 1 it could be a now skewed sensor, or if its bank 2 it could be a false lean, sounds like there is a slight exhaust leak from bank 2 at the header gasket region, butI had exhuast leak at both lat time with no codes, so Im a little confused.

Comment

I dont know why people ditch the stock coils on late GM stuff. The stock ones are almost always better. MSD makes great stuff, but their coil on plug isnt better than the oem's, just prettier.
                                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X