Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1946Austin
    replied
    I'm officially subscribed to any straight axle gasser build! Can't wait to see how this one goes!

Leave a comment:

• racingsnake440
    replied
    No sectioning for this one, they do look a bit heavy at the back end but radiusing the rear arches makes a big difference.

Yeah, I still have the wagon, it's patiently waiting for a new motor and trans at the moment.

The front suspension is actually pretty decent on these cars but the steering box does get in the way when swapping a V8 in. This one's getting a straight axle though anyway.

Leave a comment:

• milner351
    replied
    COOL. Looking at that front end I understand why so many guys swap out to nova or camaro front sub frames, or put a mustang 2 in.

Are you going to straight axle the front end?

Leave a comment:

• Scott Liggett
    replied
    Nice project, Nik. I have a soft spot for those bulgy post war cars. I see you still got your wagon.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    I'm a bastard, I already know this, so it's without any conscience I suggest sectioning the car - take the metal out between the belt-line molding and the top of the fenders.... would give it a nice, sleek look

That said, what an excellent project - do keep updating on it

Leave a comment:

• racingsnake440
    replied
    First things first, the stock running gear had to go. Pulling the front clip made access much easier and only resulted in one snapped bolt.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• racingsnake440
    replied
    My plan is to build a late '60s gasser/street freak style hot rod similar to this one I used to have except running a 440 instead of the 327 I had in the last one.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• racingsnake440
    replied
    A couple more pics after giving it a quick clean, clearing out all the trash and trying some Econoline buckets for size.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• racingsnake440
    started a topic 440 '48 Plymouth Coupe

440 '48 Plymouth Coupe

Craigslist strikes again! While browsing cars for sale I found a ’48 Plymouth coupe and thought it would make a good home for a spare 440 I had. A quick inspection by flashlight showed it to be pretty rough and missing quite a few pieces, but reasonably solid and most of the missing stuff I wasn’t planning on using anyway – bumpers, interior etc.
    Here’s a couple of pics of it after dragging it home.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by racingsnake440; August 8, 2012, 10:00 PM.
Working...
X