Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanStokes
    replied
    Looks good to me! Please keep us up-to-date.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• racingsnake440
    replied
    Originally posted by squirrel View Post
    that should do the job! nice selection of seats, steering wheel, and shifter...it all goes together nicely
    Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• squirrel
    replied
    that should do the job! nice selection of seats, steering wheel, and shifter...it all goes together nicely

Leave a comment:

• racingsnake440
    replied
    Bringing this back from the dead... Life kinda got in the way of this for a while but I'm back at now. Decided to start off with the seat mounts as I wasn't happy with any of the ones I'd mocked up so far. Picked up some early Mustang buckets a while back and decided to use them. Cut down a pair of Dodge seat brackets I had and joined them with some angle to make a level base to put the seats on. Also mounted the shifter off the same mount. Here's some pics.
    Last edited by racingsnake440; April 11, 2016, 09:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• racingsnake440
    replied
    Originally posted by chris64 View Post
    ]Thanks Chris! Got any pics of your '47?

I"ll put some pics up tomorrow, your skill in fabbing and welding are really good, great project
    Thanks! Look forward to the pics.

Leave a comment:

• racingsnake440
    replied
    Originally posted by zombie289 View Post
    Shock mounts came out great mate!
    Cheers mate

Leave a comment:

• chris64
    replied
    ]Thanks Chris! Got any pics of your '47?

I"ll put some pics up tomorrow, your skill in fabbing and welding are really good, great project

Leave a comment:

• zombie289
    replied
    Shock mounts came out great mate!

Leave a comment:

• racingsnake440
    replied
    Originally posted by chris64 View Post
    Hey , newbie here, just finished reading this post and it's awesome! I have a 47 with a sbc, but recently picked up a 440 / 727 to heat things up! great job so far!!
    Thanks Chris! Got any pics of your '47?

Did a bit more work over the weekend - a couple of friends came round and we installed the new windshield and refitted the rear glass. Also got the front shock mounts done. The dash is painted and back in too but I don't have a photo of that.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• chris64
    replied
    Hey , newbie here, just finished reading this post and it's awesome! I have a 47 with a sbc, but recently picked up a 440 / 727 to heat things up! great job so far!!

Leave a comment:

• Casper
    replied
    The pusher man... 48 ply 2 door - $1500 (pv)

Leave a comment:

• racingsnake440
    replied
    Originally posted by moparjim71 View Post
    Very cool!
    Thanks Jim!

Val, those manual wipers are cool - I used to have old Land Rovers and always liked that they had a manual override on the backs of the wiper motors.

Got impatient to hear what the exhaust sounds like so I hooked a couple of wires to a battery, threw some gas down the carb and fired it up Actually sounds quieter than I expected although it didn't run for long as the fuel system isn't hooked up.

So now it goes, I better see about making it stop - time to do the brake lines, not one of my favorite jobs...
    Last edited by racingsnake440; November 19, 2013, 07:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• moparjim71
    replied
    Very cool!

Leave a comment:

• 1946Austin
    replied
    Originally posted by racingsnake440 View Post
    Lol! I've got to hook something to the drain on mine too - although being in So Cal I don't have to contend with much rain. For that reason I decided to keep the stock wiper motor too. They are vacuum operated - I hooked mine up to a vaccuum port on my El Camino to test it and it seemed to work smoothly enough so I put it back in.

That would be great if you do find that trim piece, thanks!
    We've got plenty of rain up north, but I try not to get caught in it. I know if I drive much I'll probably get caught, so that's why I spent the time and money to get wipers on my Falcon. I've only got manual wipers on the Austin, which are the factory manual override for the vacuum wipers. With the firewall setback I lost the room for an operator on the Austin, so it's Rain-X and an occasional swipe if I get in the rain!
    This factory knob sticking out on the passenger side of the dash is one of two that individually work the wipers:

Leave a comment:

• racingsnake440
    replied
    Originally posted by n847 View Post
    Good question! As you can see I'm in need of the same gasket! I ran a hard line attached to the drain through the floor on mine but haven't bought the gasket yet!

What are you using for a wiper motor? I think all my stock linkage is still under my dash but I've never tried to resurect mine! Are they vacuum operated?
    Lol! I've got to hook something to the drain on mine too - although being in So Cal I don't have to contend with much rain. For that reason I decided to keep the stock wiper motor too. They are vacuum operated - I hooked mine up to a vaccuum port on my El Camino to test it and it seemed to work smoothly enough so I put it back in.

That would be great if you do find that trim piece, thanks!
    Last edited by racingsnake440; November 14, 2013, 01:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X