X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• racingsnake440
    replied
    Originally posted by Beagle View Post
    I'd glue it down with trim adhesive, maybe do the corners first?
    Yeah, probably going to give that a go this weekend.

Leave a comment:

• n847
    replied
    Oh and next time I get around to cleaning up in the garage I will check and see if I can find that piece of trim...looks like you will get around to using it before me!

Leave a comment:

• n847
    replied
    Originally posted by racingsnake440 View Post
    Thanks! I hate doing bodywork too - if my Plymouth was in as good shape as your Falcon I'd just leave it alone and drive it!

Small amount more work done - wiper towers cleaned up and refitted along with the wiper motor and linkage. Also painted the brake pedal but haven't got it back in yet.
    Good question! As you can see I'm in need of the same gasket! I ran a hard line attached to the drain through the floor on mine but haven't bought the gasket yet!

What are you using for a wiper motor? I think all my stock linkage is still under my dash but I've never tried to resurect mine! Are they vacuum operated?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    I'd glue it down with trim adhesive, maybe do the corners first?

Leave a comment:

• racingsnake440
    replied
    Originally posted by 1946Austin View Post
    The coupe is looking great! Wish I could get excited about doing bodywork, as I just look at the Falcon and can't get motivated on the body. I planned on getting all the metal straight and ready for paint by spring, but I just hate bodywork!
    Thanks! I hate doing bodywork too - if my Plymouth was in as good shape as your Falcon I'd just leave it alone and drive it!

Small amount more work done - wiper towers cleaned up and refitted along with the wiper motor and linkage. Also painted the brake pedal but haven't got it back in yet.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• racingsnake440
    replied
    Originally posted by n847 View Post
    Mines a 5lb...that's an awesome shot of your old Plymouth! If it makes you feel better I replaced the desktop shot (of your old Plymouth) on my work PC with that rear end shot of your new one! Now everyone who walks by my desk about craps and asks when I did that to my car? I tell them December of next year! They look at me confused the walk away! Did you ever find that trim you needed?
    Thanks Nate, flattered you put my car as your desktop. Lol at confusing your workmates! Haven't found the trim yet but haven't spent too much time looking for one.

Here's a quick question - how does the cowl vent rubber fit? I got a new one to replace the non-existent old one and it's not a very good fit anywhere. I'm assuming it just gets glued into the outer depression in the pic below?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• racingsnake440
    replied
    Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
    Some guys love the 440's in Demolition Derbys... Swear by them..
    Others hate them and swear by the 400 as a better hot running motor..
    Run water wetter if you think it runs too hot..
    There is something about a big block with some compression and a small cam at full song dancing it's way across the arena making full track shots!
    Water wetter could be a good idea, I'll have to remember that. Looking forward to hearing what this one sounds like when I get it fired up.

Do you know anywhere good to see demo derbies in So Cal? I've been to Irwindale and the OC Fair but didn't think they were that impressive.

Leave a comment:

• racingsnake440
    replied
    Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
    I don't wanna be th laughingstock with the dorky 4 door gasser
    Here's a 4dr gasser that's not dorky. I'm sure I remember seeing a pic of a 40ish Chevy 4dr all twisted up off the line but can't find it now...
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• 1946Austin
    replied
    The coupe is looking great! Wish I could get excited about doing bodywork, as I just look at the Falcon and can't get motivated on the body. I planned on getting all the metal straight and ready for paint by spring, but I just hate bodywork!

Leave a comment:

• n847
    replied
    Good to know the stocker works ok with a V8, what pressure cap are you running? I've had a couple of other 440s and they didn't seem to run that hot so hopefully it should be enough radiator - time will tell.
    Mines a 5lb...that's an awesome shot of your old Plymouth! If it makes you feel better I replaced the desktop shot (of your old Plymouth) on my work PC with that rear end shot of your new one! Now everyone who walks by my desk about craps and asks when I did that to my car? I tell them December of next year! They look at me confused the walk away! Did you ever find that trim you needed?

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    Good to know the stocker works ok with a V8, what pressure cap are you running? I've had a couple of other 440s and they didn't seem to run that hot so hopefully it should be enough radiator - time will tell.
    Some guys love the 440's in Demolition Derbys... Swear by them..
    Others hate them and swear by the 400 as a better hot running motor..
    Run water wetter if you think it runs too hot..
    There is something about a big block with some compression and a small cam at full song dancing it's way across the arena making full track shots!

Leave a comment:

• racingsnake440
    replied
    Had a busy weekend but not on the Plymouth unfortunately. Did get a couple of coats of paint on the steering column and prepped the brake pedal and bracket for painting. Nothing really photoworthy so here's a pic of my old Plymouth racing in England that a friend found on the net.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• racingsnake440
    replied
    Originally posted by n847 View Post
    I'm running a stocker thsts been cleaned and sealed. I had it converted to a sealed system with a very light weight cap and I haven't had any issues. But i dont know squat about 440's I was just wondering if they ran hot? I would like to run an electric fan like you though!

Leave a comment:

• racingsnake440
    replied
    Originally posted by Loren View Post
    Nice to see some good-looking welding, Nick. That thing's coming out sweet.
    Thanks Loren!

I need to pick your brains about your ideas for converting your El Camino to torque arm suspension - I've just picked up another Cutlass and would like to go that route too.

Leave a comment:

• Loren
    replied
    Nice to see some good-looking welding, Nick. That thing's coming out sweet.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X